MCU Spider-Man Variant: MILES MORALES

Cephalodin

Hey RPF,

I've decided to throw myself head first into the world of cosplay and this will be my first major project! I've visited expos in the past and always enjoy seeing people in cosplay having fun. My girlfriend and I have finally decided that summer 2017, will be our cosplay debut. I've decided to take on Miles Morales one of the many 616 Spider-men (with and MCU twist), and she's planning on doing a version of Kitty Pride.

For motivation and hopefully support, I decide to join the RPF and post updates as I continue to work on my suit.

I've decided to use kenlandrum's excellent free MCU suit as the base for my design. (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257556)
I'm also making use of an older version of a Miles Morales MCU suit from CrazyFranky on Sellfy. (https://sellfy.com/p/LpZ4/)

1d8322ca6570e58332dec97862faa904.jpg

1d8322ca6570e58332dec97862faa904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I have been working on tweaking the design in the following ways.

1. Creating the chest "Crest" shape with upward points
2. Creating a new Spider emblem for the back
3. Creating a new spider emblem for the front\
4. Tracing the webs especially on the mask portion to be single lines rather than spaced out
5. Making the shoulder/pauldron shape more pointed

Included a picture of the original Milesfor reference.

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 1.04.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-11 at 12.58.48 PM.png milesmorales.0.jpeg

Wow, that looks great! I always liked the Miles suit but seeing this MCU version has peaked my interest...even that black and white photo of the suit could be turned into a negative zone mcu Miles suit too...looks awesome!

Here's the latest update! I've more or less finished the pattern complete with Kenlandrum's muscle shading. A few problems I still have to make decisions about:

1. How can I tell if the back spider is aligned properly?
2. How can I keep a rich black color and still have the muscle shading display well.
3. I've chosen a checkers style texture for the black but I'm not sure what to do for the red portions.
4. Wondering out loud, if I 3D print webshooters should I make them red? (original MCU webshooters are black)

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 10.17.01 AM.pngSpider-Man_MilesMorales_Cephalodin.jpg

Here's the latest update! I've more or less finished the pattern complete with Kenlandrum's muscle shading. A few problems I still have to make decisions about:

1. How can I tell if the back spider is aligned properly?
2. How can I keep a rich black color and still have the muscle shading display well.
3. I've chosen a checkers style texture for the black but I'm not sure what to do for the red portions.
4. Wondering out loud, if I 3D print webshooters should I make them red? (original MCU webshooters are black)

View attachment 690314View attachment 690313
For the muscle shading on black fabrics i've seen a sort of grey, so if you want muscle shading I would do it grey. I would not do the red web shooters unless you could find a different color scheme for the cartridges. Personally, I would just leave the red as it is. If you're looking for a comic and MCU hybrid, in some comics i have noticed that the webs are flat with the rest of the suit, but the spider emblems and the shoulder parts are slightly more raised. Puffy paint might work.

For the muscle shading on black fabrics i've seen a sort of grey, so if you want muscle shading I would do it grey. I would not do the red web shooters unless you could find a different color scheme for the cartridges. Personally, I would just leave the red as it is. If you're looking for a comic and MCU hybrid, in some comics i have noticed that the webs are flat with the rest of the suit, but the spider emblems and the shoulder parts are slightly more raised. Puffy paint might work.

Speaking of web cartridges, I might have to change their color anyway. The Tom Holland suit cartridges match his belt, so in my case the cartridges should be more red than black. I also totally overlooked another big part... getting the aperture style eye lenses in red.

Spider-Man Belt Set.jpg

Speaking of web cartridges, I might have to change their color anyway. The Tom Holland suit cartridges match his belt, so in my case the cartridges should be more red than black. I also totally overlooked another big part... getting the aperture style eye lenses in red.

View attachment 690331
Are you going to do a Miles/Civil War spider-man, or a miles/homecoming one? I noticed in the pictures that you showed like this:Spider-Man_MilesMorales_Cephalodin.jpg
it is the lines and details from Civil War.

Are you going to do a Miles/Civil War spider-man, or a miles/homecoming one? I noticed in the pictures that you showed like this:View attachment 690526
it is the lines and details from Civil War.
You're100%right, these are the line styles from civil war. I haven't found a homecoming pattern for me to adapt. I'd like to design it to match the latest style if I could though.

- - - Updated - - -

I can cast you a set of mine in red - or you can just paint them since they are plastic after all :)

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=608455&d=1459110377&thumb=1
Those look amazing. I'll have to look into it! Can you give a link to where I can buy etc? I'm new to the forum but I think I'm not supposed to talk about buying and selling on these threads.

You're100%right, these are the line styles from civil war. I haven't found a homecoming pattern for me to adapt. I'd like to design it to match the latest style if I could though.

- - - Updated - - -

Those look amazing. I'll have to look into it! Can you give a link to where I can buy etc? I'm new to the forum but I think I'm not supposed to talk about buying and selling on these threads.
Heres his link for the different lenses: Spiderman Lenses - MCU, Amazing, Raimi, Comic, Superior, Scarlet, Gwen, Custom

So, I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I want to make the Miles suit based off the latest Homecoming design but I don't know how to make the modifications. How do people normally design these suits? Problem is, I don't know how to visualize if to make all the seams line up.

Has anyone created a blender texture or something like that so you can see how your changes look in real time?

I've always loved Miles' suit design and the MCU spin on it looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Wait. What? Did I say something to confuse the idea? Can you explain what I've messed up?
What Kil is trying to say is that if the belt on the suit is just a design on the fabric with the 3D web cartridges, it will look weird, but if it is raised rubber like in the actual movie, it will look more natural and overall be a better fit.
Hope this helps! ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back