The Mummy (2017) (Post-release)

Makes sense. The film's writing credits weren't even announced till a whole week before it's release, Alex Kurtzman is a complete tool and Tom Cruise seems to stick with people he knows will readily agree with anything he says. I'd like to say that if I was directing him in a movie that I'd tell him to take my directions as a film maker to an actor. But him being Tom Cruise, I'd probably be out of the picture with everyone wishing me the bust of luck on my future endeavors. Dang, Hollywood is scary.

His writers beefed up his part. In the original script, Morton and the Mummy (played by Sofia Boutella) had nearly equal screen time.

Than Wonder Woman beat him to a pulp.

They can blame Cruise (I'm not a fan) but THEY gave him total control over a project they were relying on to start a whole universe of movies. That was a stupid decision on their part.

To be fair, he has a LOT of clout in the industry. If he says he wants something, you get it for him, or you find yourself on the wrong side of a pink slip as well as likely blackballed.

To be fair, he has a LOT of clout in the industry. If he says he wants something, you get it for him, or you find yourself on the wrong side of a pink slip as well as likely blackballed.

This is the studio we're talking about. If they have neither the brains nor balls to act in the best interest of something they thought to be so important, then tough for them. They deserve it.

Was pretty mediocre. Definitely a wait for Netflix movie. I usually like Cruise's movies, he's kinda of guarantee for an entertaining time usually, but he was pretty bland in this. No chemistry whatsoever with the other actress, who was pretty bland herself as well. Russel Crowe was entertaining though, I liked his Hyde personality. Honestly, they could have kept Dracula Untold in this universe, because I was frankly more entertained by it than this !

Was pretty mediocre. Definitely a wait for Netflix movie. I usually like Cruise's movies, he's kinda of guarantee for an entertaining time usually, but he was pretty bland in this. No chemistry whatsoever with the other actress, who was pretty bland herself as well. Russel Crowe was entertaining though, I liked his Hyde personality. Honestly, they could have kept Dracula Untold in this universe, because I was frankly more entertained by it than this !

It's like I told a guy at work: Tom Cruise is very knowledgeable about his craft and he's extremely enthusiastic and hard working, but he only seems to know or care to make one type of movie. The issue is that if the movie he joins isn't that type of movie, he will try to make it that type of movie, and the end result isn't very good.

Right on the money. Although I think he can disappear into a role that's not his usual stuff, from time to time, like in tropic thunder where I didn't even know it was him, or interview with a vampire ... But not here. I should have rewatched Wonder Woman.

Tom Cruise out in full force in a Tom Cruise vehicle can be perfectly entertaining. Edge of Tomorrow is a good example.

Tom Cruise disappearing into a character is a great thing to see, because he's REALLY talented. Born on the 4th of July is a good example.

Tom Cruise out in full force in a movie that....really isn't and shouldn't be a Tom Cruise vehicle is where things go off the rails. War of the Worlds is a good example.

‘The Mummy’ Director Alex Kurtzman Says “We Made A Film For Audiences And Not Critics”

Well, that's great, Alex. Except...
mummy.JPG

‘The Mummy’ Director Alex Kurtzman Says “We Made A Film For Audiences And Not Critics”

Well, that's great, Alex. Except...
View attachment 737525

You'd think parting ways with that certified a-hole Roberto Orci would have given Alex room to grow up a bit. Guess they're more alike in their stubborn ways.

Oh! Alex, I almost forgot. When it was announced that Star Trek Enterprise was cancelled, Rick Berman and Brannon Braga said that their episode was going to be a valentine to the fans. How did Rick and Brannon's respond after the reception it got?

"I would have never done it if I had known how people were going to react. This idea, which Brannon and I came up with – and I take full responsibility – pissed a lot of people off, and we certainly didn’t mean it to."
- Rick Berman

"The final episode of Enterprise was an idiotic move on my part."
- Brannon Braga​

You better not bring your 'blame others' attitude should something go wrong with Star Trek Discovery.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back