The Mummy (2017) (Post-release)

Re: The Mummy (2017)

Unfortunately, this looks like a hard pass to me. The sarcophagus looks more like something from HR Giger than something from Ancient Egypt and the Mummy looks like the sister of the Enchantress from Suicide Squad. It very much bugs me that they're using the mythology but not the aesthetic in any way, shape or form.

If she does a stupid shimmy/dance move the entire time, then its a direct rip off of Suicide Squad. And NOBODY should be ripping off that movie. Its a deathrattle.

I dont care to see this at all. And I really liked the first one with Brendan Fraser. Havent seen it in years, but it was fun. Didnt see any of the sequels. The sound seemed really off to me too, when the plane was rolling all over the place and he pulled her chute, the ADR was totally off.

Man, it's been awhile since I've seen a bunch of CG destruction. Gonna have to catch this innovative spectacle opening night!

...I really liked the first one with Brendan Fraser...

6d017bef76518ac3bf9c9381ed9b3f12.jpg

I agree, all the vintage monsters such as vampires and mummies should be period pieces. Even Creature from The Black Lagoon would be better to stay in the 1950s or earlier. It looks like they spent all their money on CGI.

Im getting really tired of pop songs being used in the trailers, and having the beats going along with something in the trailer. It was cool the first time I saw it in Guardians of the Galaxy, but then in Kong, this, a few others, its just annoying. But regarding the movie, yeah, looks pretty lame to be honest. I just cant get into a movie that is almost entirely CG.

This could truly be an epic financial fail. Russell Crowe as Dr. Jekyll, to set up a future film, and obviously with Cruz coming back to life in that second trailer, he'll likely be the new Mummy in a sequel.

Well, it IS Sofia Boutella, so sexy kinda comes with the package.

Part of me hopes it turns out to be the trope of He Was The Villain All Along, insomuch as Cruise winds up being the one who brings the evil with him. However, knowing Cruise and his propensity for being the Good Guy, I doubt that will happen. However, he did play the bad guy in Collateral, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Looks like I'm well on the way to "Someone Answer That Phone Because I *BLEEPING* Called It"-Land.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back