Iron Man Age of Ultron Mk45 3D Printed Armour build

Quick test fit for strapping locations ...

62z4FZj.jpg

4uyFJvz.jpg

F7GGmZz.jpg

First I want to say mad props for the build so far. It looks amazing. I wanted to ask if you could provide more detail on how you're planning to connect the joints - you mentioned in a previous post elastics/buckles but I'm unsure what that means. Did you have to modify the files themselves to fit them?

Thanks and amazing work again!

Thanks. I posted a sketch a few days ago showing the principles of how I intend to join the upper torso parts. In the test photos above I used slicky velcro to explore the exact fixation points. I will post images of exactly how everything goes together once it's done. I realise the internet does not offer much help and instruction on this aspect of a build. It's the most important part and I often wondered why people were so timid about sharing.

The files were scaled around a makehuman 3d model of my body based on actual dimensions taken (download the software here: http://www.makehuman.org/). I used the free 3D builder app that comes bundled in Windows10 to do this. After arriving at the correct scaling proportions these were applied in Simplify3D as each section was printed. Parts were also sliced into sections to fit by build plate in 3D Builder. I have also used Netfab and Meshmixer but really Builder does everthing you need it to do in a very user friendly interface.

Hope this helps.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but have you considered using xtc-3d on your future prints to cut down on sanding time?

@Charb33 Yes. My very first post explained that I am using the torso from Maxcraft and limbs of Do3d as I found the Do3d files to be unwearable.
@budashlock Thanks. I'm using some generic gardening/work gloves you can pick up over here in Europe. Werckmann, I think is the brand.

*edit* pretty sure they are these:

http://www.werckmann.eu/de/produkte/nitril-arbeitshandschuhe-2/

Hi there, fantastic work!

Hope you don't mind me asking but how have you coloured the work gloves without the paint cracking when ever you put them on or move?

Wow this looks phenomenal! The proportions of Iron Man suits seem really hard to get right, but this one is looking great!

@Heaven I use XTC on pretty much all my prints. I find it also helps with the strength of the part.

Regarding the XTC application, how many coats do you normally use? I've just tried out the product this week on a bicep and I feel even after XTC and wet sanding, I'm still going to require a lot of bondo putty.. There are still a lot of striations and bumps. Do you have any tips regarding this? Thanks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back