Iron Man Age of Ultron Mk45 3D Printed Armour build

@Huang I've been less interested to get it perfect than to achieve a wearable suit of armour. The printing lines add to the machine aesthetic. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it :cool

Looking good :)
I really need to stop procrastinating by starting other builds and start printing out my suit...at least want it done before infinity war hahah

Looking good :)
I really need to stop procrastinating by starting other builds and start printing out my suit...at least want it done before infinity war hahah

Well you have about a year from now to get it done. It's taken me about a year to get this far but the learning curve has been steep. I think the next one would be faster. Mk47 perhaps? :ninja

Well you have about a year from now to get it done. It's taken me about a year to get this far but the learning curve has been steep. I think the next one would be faster. Mk47 perhaps? :ninja

Well... at least I hope I can get it done in time hahaha. I bought the MK46 files but I am wondering if I should just wait until the MK47..

@brokechick The mk47 is just a repainted mk46. Which mk46 files do you have? Do3d or Maxcrft?

I thought there were some slight details that were changed on the mk47? I have the maxcrft files :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought there were some slight details that were changed on the mk47? I have the maxcrft files :)

I may be mistaken, but it doesn't seem so. Just lots of metallic silver added. Which I didn't like at first but is slowly growing on me.

marvel-iron-man-mark-47-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-902987-09.jpg

Last edited:
I may be mistaken, but it doesn't seem so. Just lots of metallic silver added. Which I didn't like at first but is slowly growing on me.

Hmmm I might have to take a closer look at the hot toys figure. And yes I totally agree actually I'm still not 100% on all of the silver!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are you connecting the major joints?

I will be using a mix of webbing, elastic, and fastex buckles with magnets to close joints. Most of the strapping will be hung off the under suit. I have decided to put aside the hinged elbow idea for the time being as test fitting has convinced me it won't be necessary. We will see after it has all been assembled.

So I've finally had a pretty productive weekend of painting thanks to my good friend Andy who helped immensely:

We started with an initial coat of Metallic Silver

B2jpzEW.jpg

qZGBVcA.jpg

Masked off and followed up with Cherry Red

xxvgl5e.jpg

EWr373V.jpg

Had a slight accident :facepalm

smZGPUM.jpg

Ran out of 2k lacquer on a Sunday dammit

xFfaxso.jpg

SkOUypp.jpg

But still managed to get a lot covered

xljIx47.jpg

Here is the left bicep and forearm without lacquer

wMjPJY3.jpg

Efg05Sc.jpg

But the 2k really brings out the bling and hides a bunch of sins

Case in point - Red and gold

ebw1khT.jpg

Star of the show ...

8tZhtO0.jpg

See my earlier posts if you are interested in the colour references.

Hope you like. More updates to come shortly.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back