Prop party in New Zealand

badges2nz

I've been searching around on site and know of a few members from this site in New Zealand and thought that it would be a good idea to have a prop party/ show & tell.
Anyone on the forums here interested in doing this, getting together and making our presence known from down under.

Maybe what could be done is to do a roll call to see who is out there around NZ and then we can collaborate after that with an idea of where and when to meet.

I'm in! Phil here from Wanganui. There are two other RPF'ers here in Wanganui as well, and I'm sure they'll be keen.

Hey Phil, that's great, I know there are a few of us around and thought that it might be a good idea to lets others in the area know if they browse this site where we are.
Also a good way to make new contacts like my friend Stuart down in Waikanae who has seen this site.

All we need to do now is to organise a time and place suitable for all to attend.
I know that leading up to Christmas this will be a busy time and possibly quite difficult to pin down an exact time at the moment with everyone going on holiday etc.
As a possibility maybe look towards the end of January maybe early Feb, there will be a few long weekends that we could look to to give us an extra day over a weekend to play with.

Just saying hi from Auckland :)

Hi ZeroSum, nice to hear from you, this is exactly what we need to see. Who is out there, where you are located and if we can find a midway point to meet up.
It looks like to me that the midway point to meet up would be in Wanganui as there are three rpf members there.
I'm in the Kapiti area with Stuart if he's available, oota goota is in New Plymouth so anybody else around the north island then Wanganui would be the place to meet.
I have also posted this thread on the star wars new Zealand website to combine efforts and get as many involved as possible.
I thought that this would make sense as many on SWNZ are rpfers anyway.
I hope all are ok with this taking into account our small population down here and being so far from everyone else in the world as far as distance is concerned.

Just saying hi from Auckland :)

Hi ZeroSum, nice to hear from you. Be great to meet up at some stage.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like to me that the midway point to meet up would be in Wanganui as there are three rpf members there.

Good idea, badges. Between the three of us local RPF members, we can host you all, I'm sure. Really looking forward to meeting some more members.

Hi to you all. Look forward to meeting up with everyone as well. Will keep checking here to see When and Where we will meet. Good on you Badges.:thumbsup

Well... if you want to get technical, there are 5 RPFers here in Wanganui, including Kolbe and Joachim11.

Phil, do you think Evan would be interested to come over as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... if you want to get technical, there are 5 RPFers here in Wanganui, including @Kolbe and @Joachim11.

Phil, do you think Evan would be interested to come over as well?

Welcome aboard the RPF, Kolbrik and Joachim! Glad you've joined!

Evan would be keen, but he works six days a week and sleeps solidly during his three weeks annual holiday! Otherwise he'd be there! But I'll see if he can make it anyway.

I just had a chat with Stuart and thought of doing this maybe on Waitangi weekend.
That means that where ever anyone is visiting from the holiday is observed by all, what does everyone think?
Would this also work for Evan, Phil?.

Waitangi weekend sounds a great choice. Evan might well be able to get away for that. I'll volunteer our place as a Wanganui base of operations, that's assuming that Wanganui is a suitable central location.

Waitangi weekend sounds a great choice. Evan might well be able to get away for that. I'll volunteer our place as a Wanganui base of operations, that's assuming that Wanganui is a suitable central location.

That would be great, thank you for that Phil.
Both Stuart and I thought that Waitangi is far enough away fromthe holiday break but not too far, I hope that this us ok

Well, we might have a plan! How about we indicate if Waitangi Weekend is acceptable, and if Wanganui suits as the venue?

I'm in for Waitangi Day weekend at Wanganui for starters. Anybody else?

Gidday, I'm GDafi from Cairns in OZ, used to be Kay One Double U One (kiwi), will be back in Enzed late Jan 2017, but only down in the Mainland(South Island),
Sorry, been a hard day , dentist, then work, then home, painless, stressfull day at work and then a few beers................

Why not;)

Levin
Palmerston North
Wakatane
Brisbane
Logan City

That's where I started and here's where I'm at, count me in, hell I'll even bring my props.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back