Prop party in New Zealand

This time around we could start with one day then from that we could figure out what can be done for future events.
Maybe we can call our get together the Gathering in reference to our coming together from a wide range of areas in our country but also in reference to one of the greatest movies of I think all time Highlander.
what does everyone think?

Also I love the quote, there can be only one.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey tmax, I like how you have displayed your guns on diamond plate, nice and simple but very effective.

Hey guys. Hate to say it, but I'm gonna have to bow out of this event. Got work going through a bit of a meltdown atm and may well be needed to work at least part of the weekend (AGAIN) so just can't take the risk of traveling that far.

Alrighty then, just a few short days till the Gathering.
Just a reminder for everyone travelling, this is going to be a holiday weekend and there will probably be some nut job drivers out there so please everyone be careful.
If you have to-then please take your time, if your travelling through Otaki and the traffic is backed up you won't have a choice.
Just as an idea from what oota has mentioned on the SWNZ site as to what to bring refreshment wise, we'll make a list and spread it out over who's coming.
I'll get some 3 ltr just juice bottles, ginger beer, water etc.
If anyone has specific dietary requirements then maybe you could bring what you would like.
I think mdb was wanting to get the dip, let us know what everyone wants to bring.
Maybe someone can find 1000 Brown m&m's to go in a brandy glass from a little sweet shop just around the corner.

Hey guys. Hate to say it, but I'm gonna have to bow out of this event. Got work going through a bit of a meltdown atm and may well be needed to work at least part of the weekend (AGAIN) so just can't take the risk of traveling that far.

Sorry to hear that. However, you're most welcome here any time, and we look forward to catching up with you soon. Hope the work sorts itself out for you. All the best!

Hey montee, that's ok, its a shame but better to be safe than sorry.
It will be a pity to miss you but best to stay safe, we'll have a drink for you.
There will always be another time as I would like to try and make this a regular event where possible.

Stuart still hasnt popped on site just yet but he will be coming.
Depending on room in vehicles I might be travelling up with him.
Hayley will likely come up but to go to a friends house.

Ok, so at the moment the weather is not so great.
My only concern for everyone who are travelling is to please take care on the roads and if need be take your time.
I'd rather you get there in one piece.
Safe driving everyone and can't wait to catch up.

Yes, what Badges just said! Although it looks like the weather is going to be a lot better on Saturday, take care and take your time. It's not like latecomers will be turned away! :D

Looking forward to the catch up guys. Gonna pack the wife's 7 seater tonight with as much as I can manage.
Blaxmyth, you mentioned tables... will you be setting up a few of them? Hopefully there's one spare, otherwise I'll be displaying out the boot of the car! Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, setting up tables and trestles today. We have a covered verandah as well, in case of overflows. Looks like it'll be fine as well, so we can probably move outside as well.

Have a safe drive!

Hey guys. Man this has taken me waaaaaaaaaay too long to pop up and say hi. Between work, family and my utterly shocking memory these days I forgot to pop on way more times than is acceptable lol.

So, hi. I am Stuart Fields and I am hoping to head up tomorrow with my son Jenson to meet some new faces and see some of the amazing things everyone gets up to (assuming we can get there in the traffic but Craig will let me know just how bad it is before we hit the road).

Just for a little context I am a star wars nut as any self respecting person should be along with just about everything else movie related. I run my own model making business creating architectural models down here in Waikanae.

www.litchfieldandfields.com

I will leave it at that and pick up the conversation properly tomorrow.

Cheers and safe travels.

Stu

That's ok, I'll help take some of it off your hands:D

- - - Updated - - -

What time will you be taking off tomorrow?

Leaving here at 3.30am so should arrive around 9:30. Staying the night and driving home Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back