Arkham Knight Batman Cowl Pep help

Bixby

I've decided to try doing a Pep of the Arkham Knight Batman cowl, this is my first attempt at this so I;m hitting the learning curve here on all fronts. Im using the file from Onekura and am having an awful time around the eye area. I'm hoping someone here could give me a hand.Has anyone tried using this file? Maybe help me through this part. Thanks.

IMAG0068_zps1vjajacx.jpg

IMAG0067_zpsbzktoykp.jpg

Hope you can see what I did.

VERY NICE! Thanks for responding; those small pieces were driving me mad. The two inner pieces, the very thin edge piece and the C shaped eye piece are not really aligning/adjoining in a way that makes sense to me. I see you also added the flat part to the nose to make it more screen accurate; did you just adjust the original pep file or did you freehand that?

The eye piece definitely needs to be reworked, especially if you are building this out of foam. The only way to get the eye area to work is if its out of paper or cardstock, and you still have to tweak it to fit. Here are some pics of my cowl. I will get some close up shots of the eye area tonite when I get home from work.
20160611_214801.jpg20160716_124227.jpg

The eye piece definitely needs to be reworked, especially if you are building this out of foam. The only way to get the eye area to work is if its out of paper or cardstock, and you still have to tweak it to fit. Here are some pics of my cowl. I will get some close up shots of the eye area tonite when I get home from work.
View attachment 687699View attachment 687700
This turned out fantastic!!! Great job on the seams and awesome paint job! Did you combine some of the patterns when doing it in foam? Or is that all of the original Pep pieces? I'm working with card stock but I can't seem to get that area to work for me. Then again this is my very first Pepakura build so my skill set could be better. It would be awesome if you could get a close up of the eye area when you have a moment.

I can't access the OneKura site myself :c I'd love to try and build this cowl, too.. It's probably one of the better Batman Cowl pdo files I've seen. Anyone else having problems?

It is down right now. From what I've read they have had issues since September. It will come up and stay for a few weeks at a time then crashes again. I really wanted the full armor pro they have too.

Here's mine. The file is OK. The trick is getting the right angle of the cut. For example for the upper eye lid from one side I cut 20°. The more I get to the middle the cut gets more angled up to 45° and then to 20° upon reaching the other side.
d7febc6a1b739e3e86477d2b76de95f4.jpg

1f2a352d1890980e7743dc805261dcf3.jpg

Here's mine. The file is OK. The trick is getting the right angle of the cut. For example for the upper eye lid from one side I cut 20°. The more I get to the middle the cut gets more angled up to 45° and then to 20° upon reaching the other side.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161204/d7febc6a1b739e3e86477d2b76de95f4.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161204/1f2a352d1890980e7743dc805261dcf3.jpg

That looks awesome! Where did you get the file for the chest armor?

Bigbat23, thanks! it's the same batman arkham knight v8.04 which is roaming around. Check out the group "pepakura library" on fb. Or onekura.com

Last edited by a moderator:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161204/d7febc6a1b739e3e86477d2b76de95f4.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161204/1f2a352d1890980e7743dc805261dcf3.jpg
nice build!!! I can see what those eye pieces are doing a little better, thanks for sharing. Is that the Full armor build from onekura? I'd love to download it but onekura is still down.

If anyone needs any of the Arkham Knight batsuit v8.04 files I have most of them and will be happy to email them to you. I have the Cowl, 2 different files for the Torso, the gauntlets and the Shin Armor. I also have some unfolded files of the complete suit.

Thanks, that would be great! Im not sure what I'm doing wrong, this is also my very first attempt at pepakura so it's hard to tell. My two biggest issues is that my edge ID numbers don't match. Only a handful of them do and that is if they are all on the same piece. When it comes to joining seperate parts very rarely do the match. The othe big issue are the edge flaps not lining up; a lot of the times they dont interlock, they just butt up against other edge flaps. Im not sure if it's from inverting the image to get the other half of the model or what. either way, maybe the files you have will make better sense to me. I'll PM you my email address. I really appreciate it!!!
If anyone needs any of the Arkham Knight batsuit v8.04 files I have most of them and will be happy to email them to you. I have the Cowl, 2 different files for the Torso, the gauntlets and the Shin Armor. I also have some unfolded files of the complete suit.

I sent you a PM with my address as well! Thank you so much! :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back