Possibly Scammed by a RPF Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontfeedmyego

Sr Member
Further Update- SanHolo80 has spent the last 7 months updating me... but i seem to be no closer to receiving my item than i was when i made this post 7 months ago, and once again he has stopped communicating.
Ive been contacted by others, again, in a similar boat and its seems we have been fed different stories as to why its taken so long.
Anyone looking at commissioning SanHolo80 should be very very careful.

Previous Update- Sanholo80 has reached out to me and returned an email.
Hopefully the issue is resolving

I really hate to have to do this
I saw the work of @SanHolo80 aka scififorge.com and contacted him about a private commission back in January.
He gave me a timeline of 1-3 months and we agreed on price- $600 USD. I paid via paypal.
His communication was good for the first few months, even letting me know it was taking longer around the 3rd or 4th month. Then his communication began to wane and i had to follow up each month but he always replied.
Until 2 months ago.
He stopped replying completely.
I've tried to contact him many times vis email, RPF, his Instagram, his youtube, his website- no reply.
He's still active here and on social media.
Obviously I'm concerned but hope for the best, what has prompted me to post this is because i posted a comment on his instagram asking him to contact me and i have since then received a number of private messages from people with a similar story- they have paid for a commission and its well past its due date and he is no longer replying to them. Alarm bells.
and when i think about it i have never gotten any progress pics or anything other than his word that things are progressing.

Im hoping he has just fallen behind and is just swamped and poor at communication. I like to believe in people.
But i thought i should warn members just in case. @SanHolo80 if your reading this, reach out and communicate please,

Last edited by a moderator:
Prediction: "He's a great guy, he's just had some life issues come up lately."

And then the requisite "hiding behind silence" that only makes people mad...

They never learn.

I hope it turns out for you.

-Rog

As previously stated in another thread, not RESPONDING is worse than any mere delay in progress in my opinion.

That's all I'll say...... SanHolo80 Please respond.

it seems my latest updates have been deleted.

We are now up to 7 people (that have contacted me) who SanHolo80 has taken money from and not produced anything. I think its safe to say he is not a "possible" scammer.

Buyer beware

Thanks for the warning I see san has not been here since Jan 1.

I hope you get some sort of recourse and it looks like the another ban is coming

I ordered a sonic from him as well. Never received it, and he doesn't answer his email. I ordered it in back in December of 2015. It was supposed to come in February of 2016.

It's a damned shame too. I had some really good back and forth with him that resulted in a killer custom sonic as well as a few sonics made to order for friends. He and I had a really good working relationship for a while but he dropped off my map too back at the beginning of the year and doesn't respond to me at all anymore either. More than half a dozen people have reached out to me via my YouTube channel or Instagram asking if I could get him to respond to them. Sadly he's not talking to anyone that I know of. I'm more sad than angry, he did great work when he did it. I hope he does resurface and make good.

Yeah. I’m think at last count I had it at 11 ppl he took $500+ from and never delivered. And no longer communicates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Have a order for a river from Feb of 2016, that cost me $600 I still have yet to receive. And he has gone dark since Dec 5th for me. Sonic was to be done that past July.

Same here. The last response I got from him was Feb of this year. I had four custom sonic commission totaling almost 1000 bucks since Jan of 2016. I got update pics and good communication until February then nothing. I wouldn't call the guy a scammer. I believe he had every intention in coming through in the beginning. That being said it's been a year and a half on a quoted 3 month turn around. No word, no sonic, I'm pass the mark with PayPal so no refund. It sucks cause the guy did great work. I was hopefully that everything would workout until I read this thread and found out I'm not alone.

Do you have this guys address? We have members in every single state of the USA...shouldn't be hard to pay him a visit ;)

i'd do so, if somebody from Germany would scam me

That's shocking behaviour.
I don't know what the guy does as a full time job but I'll assume model/prop maker. Even if he took on this work during a quiet period, & a proper job came in, if he's been paid he needs to deliver.
Did he take money in full? It's standard practice here to take 25%-50% upfront for new clients (because it works both ways. I've a couple of jobs sitting in storage ordered by dreamers who couldn't pay), middle payment halfway through with photographic proof or client visit & a final 25% on delivery.
Did you get a written quote from him? You could threaten him with legal action although probably wouldn't worry someone like that, probably had it all before & know it'll be too cost prohibitive for you to act on.
Hope you get it resolved, guys like that hurt everyones business.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back