My "evil" Star Trek TOS technician

johntrek

Never really cared much for the technician jumpsuits in TOS, but I liked how the uniform looked when seen in the Mirror Universe. Adding a phaser belt and tucking the trousers into the boots really makes the uniform look more interesting (and less cheap).

I found a Kwik Sew pattern for work coveralls that I adapted, mostly by skipping all the pockets, collar, and zipper. Made a new phaser belt from some marine vinyl. Scratch built an Agonizer. Made it a bit thinner than the original prop, and made the flippers have less of a curve to them. Also did not build a holster for it, just used velcro on the back since I intend it to stay in place 99% of the time. I might shorten the sleeves a bit further. The sleeves ranged from elbow length to nearly on the wrist, where I have them at the moment might give the impression I just didn't quite make the sleeves long enough by accident.

Overall I am pleased how it turned out. I'm sure someone must have done this one before, but I haven't ever run across it, so it gives me something somewhat novel to wear at the convention in San Fransisco in December.
IMG_9385.JPGIMG_9392.JPGIMG_9383.JPGIMG_9395.JPG

I love it! Would you share the pattern number you used? Also, what material did you go with? Yours looks perfect!

I love it! Would you share the pattern number you used? Also, what material did you go with? Yours looks perfect!

For fabric I used red polyester lining (vest, pants, whatever) I found at JoAnns Crafts. It is very lightweight so I was worried how it would turn out, but it worked fine and the color was spot on.

The pattern I modified was a Kwik Sew K3389. I just did a google search and that pattern shows up all over the place, so it's still around.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back