Toys Of Our Youth

I just recently found my old Donkey Kong game...works perfect!

The one in the little cabinet? I was looking for an old toy a few weeks back and I was looking at old JC Penney catalogs and I saw those little arcade games. They were like $50, which was a lot in the 80s. I was surprised they cost that much. I never had any because I had some of the games on Colecovision (I had Donkey Kong), but my cousin had Pacman. I didn't have Pacman until my dad got a used Atari with like 20 games at a garage sale a few years after it came out.

Oh the things kids do. My friend convinced me that we could poke holes in the swimming pool with a knife and then tape them back up. It didn't work. Lol!

My first sign of OCD. when i decided to wash my pacman machine.

Well, needless to say young me found out that was a mistake.

sigh. supposedly coleco was looking into re releasing those.

i sure hope so
Weren't they talking about re-release all the way back in 2014? It looks like it didn't pan out. :(

Oh the things kids do. My friend convinced me that we could poke holes in the swimming pool with a knife and then tape them back up. It didn't work. Lol!

About a year ago my then 12yo nephew decided to see if his new pocket knife would cut the mat on their 14'x16' trampoline that my parents have for them. It was like a 1" cut. They kept jumping on it and now the rip is all across the mat. So they are luckily getting a replacement only because my niece uses it more. I think if it was just him my dad would have just taken the whole thing down. :lol

The one in the little cabinet? I was looking for an old toy a few weeks back and I was looking at old JC Penney catalogs and I saw those little arcade games. They were like $50, which was a lot in the 80s. I was surprised they cost that much. I never had any because I had some of the games on Colecovision (I had Donkey Kong), but my cousin had Pacman. I didn't have Pacman until my dad got a used Atari with like 20 games at a garage sale a few years after it came out.

No Jason, just the flip-up handheld game, sorry. Think it is DK 2, since the background is some kind of jungle with a lot of lianes (sp?) on the top screen instead of the ladders.

We're back at it again. This time it's Ghostbusters!

IMG_5435.JPGIMG_5436.JPGIMG_5439.JPGIMG_5429.JPG

I had a satchel at one point when I was in grade school, got all kinds of grief over it because it had a lady bug on it. I tried covering it up with tape and when that didn't stop the insults and name calling I switched it out for a backpack.

I had a satchel at one point when I was in grade school, got all kinds of grief over it because it had a lady bug on it. I tried covering it up with tape and when that didn't stop the insults and name calling I switched it out for a backpack.

Dude...that is sad and funny all in one.

I had a backpack in grade school from McDonalds. It said Big Mac Attack Sack or something on it. Apparently I liked it so much I bought another one on Ebay when late night drunk shopping. Gotta admit....it was a nice surprise when I opened the box. I give the best presents to myself!

Those kids sucked. Sorry you had to endure that. Funny how you still remember that stuff, isn't it?

I had a Miami Dolphins umbrella in the 1st grade until a girl informed me that only girls carry umbrellas and guys wear raincoats. I never carried an umbrella to school again. Lol!

Hi everyone.

I´m from Spain and when i was a child, (in the early 70´s) there was an action figure made in Spain based in the american G.I. Joe but of smaller size, 17cm./6,70 inches called Madelman (Industrias Plásticas MADEL/Plastic Industries MADEL). Were mainly military and adventurers action figures although later were added figures as pirates and cowboys and indians.

Add a link in spanish but it´s very interesting and some pictures:

madelman3.jpgmadelman2.jpgmadelman1.jpg

http://www.enciclopediamadelman.com/historia.php

And this was my favorite one: the "guerrillero"

GUERRILLERO_MADELMAN_10.jpgGUERRILLERO_MADELMAN_11.jpg

I hope you enjoy it.

I remember a birthday I had before I was even 9 years old. I made the mistake of wanting a chocolate cake. My mom took me to the store--but there was a vanilla frosted cake--and it had decorations of Saturn rockets, landers.

"You don't need that!"

The internet has not been kind to my searches.

I still remember being in TRU to buy a toy for a birthday or something. That MASK Firefly vehicle was what I wanted, but my mom looked at the front "stabilizer" things and said the plastic would probably break there where it bent. I still got it and it never broke. I had several others, but none of those.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back