Toys Of Our Youth

KrangPrime

Master Member
Some things i wonder if they still make that we no longer have....

-a Box with cutouts of shapes all over it. the top was tanish, the sides where greenish, and i think the pieces where blue or red. all 6 sides of the box had cut outs of shapes, and you had to put the correct shape in the correct hole. and the top lid came off to empty it.

- A Frog that opened it's mouth when you squeezed the plunger.

One of my favorite cups that had classic cartoons on it. I specifically remember mighty mouse and heckle and jeckle. it was white/tanish in color.

would love to see some pictures at least cause i can't find any. these toys would be late 70s, or early 80s.

I'm afraid we might need more information from you on these pieces.

The frog item sounds like Fisher Price, but there were different versions. I recall one that hopped when you pushed the plunger, one that croaked and one that flipped the tongue out. But they all looked similar to this:
IMG_7749.JPG

The shape toy was a cheap toy that many manufacturers produced. The main companies made the plastic one in the photos, but there were tons of knock off companies that made wood box ones. So without more details yours could have been made by anyone.
IMG_7750.JPG
IMG_7751.JPG

And the cup... was one a Mighty Mouse and one a Heckle and Jeckle, or were they both on the same glass?
Was it glass? Plastic? Color of cup? Any details?

That frog looks about right :).

for the shape box, the second one looks more right. but the four sides where a darker green and the top was whiteish.

the kind of things that where kept forever in grandma's house thatyou thought would always be there but one day just vanished..

I've actually been trying to find this toy I had in either the late 80s or early 90s. I don't know waht it was from and can only remember the basics of it. It being a vehicle with these orangeish red guys. Maybe I can try and draw it best I can from memory and see if anyone knows what in the world the toy was.

Remember a green slime toy? Then I think they came out with a purple version? I think it had fake worms in it. It came in a little plastic can with resealable lid

this reminds me of toys you would see at the doctors office

HA!! That's exactly what I thought when I saw it! Cheap ass doctor's or dentist office toys!

Like that thing with the wire tubing where you would slide the beads and balls all around it. Usually covered in kid snot! :lol

HA!! That's exactly what I thought when I saw it! Cheap ass doctor's or dentist office toys!

Like that thing with the wire tubing where you would slide the beads and balls all around it. Usually covered in kid snot! :lol

YES!! LOL those things were in every office!! LOL

Lol. They have one of those at the place we get our kid's haircuts. My son loves it. Even with tablets and all the other fancy stuff they have some things are always fun.

Sounds like Kerplunk :)

No, it wasn't Kerplunk. Kerplunk was an actual game. This doohickey seemed to really have no purpose other than just to slide those beads and crap around. I'm guessing it was supposed to be some kind of hand/eye coordination thing for young children.

Usually some version of this kind of thing. This looks like a newer version of it. The ones we had in the 70s seemed much more dangerous.
Beaded-wooden-educational-toys-baby-hand-eye-coordination-exercise-1-3-Early-Learning_jpg_350x35.jpg

Last edited:
Some of my favorites were the good old Kenner Jurassic Park and The Lost World toys. Good times, good times. I still keep a handful of my collection in my closet out of sentimentality.

I'm afraid we might need more information from you on these pieces.

The frog item sounds like Fisher Price, but there were different versions. I recall one that hopped when you pushed the plunger, one that croaked and one that flipped the tongue out. But they all looked similar to this:
View attachment 685776

The shape toy was a cheap toy that many manufacturers produced. The main companies made the plastic one in the photos, but there were tons of knock off companies that made wood box ones. So without more details yours could have been made by anyone.
View attachment 685777
View attachment 685778

And the cup... was one a Mighty Mouse and one a Heckle and Jeckle, or were they both on the same glass?
Was it glass? Plastic? Color of cup? Any details?

The middle one was made by Tupperware back in the late 70's.....my mom had Tupperware parties. I got the crappy display toys.

I played 'burn it' with mine. It was a highly strategic game that involved lighter fluid, a match and the garbage can. Kind of a one time only thing game.

OMG Tupperware toys!!! My Mom sold that crap in the 70s also. I had all kinds of Tupperware toys!! Had totally forgotten about those!!

made alot of toys myself, funnything is start making them again with my son and still have a blast with them.

one of these:

photo-rubberband-gun-light.png

alot of these:

armymen.jpg

and lots of rubber bands :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back