Toys Of Our Youth

Does anyone remember Constructs from the 80's. They were like a cross between Lego and Erector sets. I was digging through my old stuff at my parent's yesterday and came across my old sets. Some of them were still assembled. This was my attempt to build the drop ship from Aliens! Lol.

View attachment 711383
I don't remember that but it reminded me of something similar. Robotix were produced in 1985/86 and sold by Milton Bradley (I just looked it up). They were similar to Lego only more advanced. There were controls and battery packs and you could build a robot dinosaur or a robotic vehicle with a claw to pick things up or any number of things. It was a pretty awesome toy system.

jwhtf7cd6mlv9vdxyle3.jpg

When I was looking this up just now I stumbled across this article from 2015. You can tell by the title that they praise it pretty highly : Bring Back Robotix, The Greatest Scifi Toys Of All Time.

Does anyone remember Constructs from the 80's. They were like a cross between Lego and Erector sets. I was digging through my old stuff at my parent's yesterday and came across my old sets. Some of them were still assembled. This was my attempt to build the drop ship from Aliens! Lol.

View attachment 711383

Yeah I had some of those. One of the sets I had was the fourth set down on this page: http://retroramblings.com/construx/ McDonald's even had these as a Happy Meal toy at some point.

I have the Robotix cartoon on dvd and I remember having the comic book at one point. Constructs were the go to christmas gift set even though they only had the 1 spaceship in 2 colors it seemed. How about those 2.00 lego sets where you'd get a simple vehicle and a figure. Mind blowing considering what they expect you to pay for legos now. There was a discount store with tons of toys here back in the mid 80s and they had a robot building set that you put c batteries in to make them move and they could be reconfigured. They were almost like Robotix knockoffs and had little figures and comic books in each either from DC or marvel. This place also had star trek 5 figures cheap and robotech stuff for next to nothing.

Anyone have one of these? I so did. Had these big plastic VHS type box things you played it off. I don't even remember what it showed when looking in it, only just having it.fp460-whiteviewer-LB-B.jpg

I was looking for old toys I had as I remembered them. I seem to remember more that my brother had.
This was mine. Its a lawn mower that shoots out bubbles.

fp2006-bcassity.jpg

My brother had this.

fpt14421-mn-3808.JPG

And also this, which took me a while to find since I didn't at all know what it was called.

raw-1257975938-595x417-resize.jpg

I still can't find the one toy I had.

I don't remember that but it reminded me of something similar. Robotix were produced in 1985/86 and sold by Milton Bradley (I just looked it up). They were similar to Lego only more advanced. There were controls and battery packs and you could build a robot dinosaur or a robotic vehicle with a claw to pick things up or any number of things. It was a pretty awesome toy system.

View attachment 711494

When I was looking this up just now I stumbled across this article from 2015. You can tell by the title that they praise it pretty highly : Bring Back Robotix, The Greatest Scifi Toys Of All Time.

That's awesome. Constructs had motorized stuff as well. I still had some of the parts in my box. I had forgotten all about these things.

I gave those away too... :lol The only toys I had left were LEGO and Playmobil. I gave away my OT SW toys, then sold my He Man, GI JOE, Transformers, Starcom, and pretty much anything else I had to feed my video game addiction when I was around 12.

At least it was to feed an addiction, i tore all my stuff apart to see how it worked including a B-Wing. I thought the space set i had was Playmobil but i couldn't find pics of it, i remember a base, a ufo, and maybe a ground vehicle and the figures were all the same some in red space suits and some in yellow ones.

My Dad said I also had this toy edger and would try and edge the sidewalk like he did and wore down the toy completely. Funny that thats what I do now for work.

I think I used to follow behind my dad with my toy mower while he was mowing the yard for real. Pretty sure we have pictures of me doing that :)

Also, my boys recently discovered He-Man on Netflix so I dug out my old toys. They LOVED them. You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that my kids can play with literally the same toys I did when I was their age.

View attachment 711678
Dude you even had the zip cord that came with Orko?!?! How in gods name did you keep the toys in such good condition? This is an awesome post by the way. I love stuff like this.

Dude you even had the zip cord that came with Orko?!?! How in gods name did you keep the toys in such good condition? This is an awesome post by the way. I love stuff like this.

Lol. Good eye! Yeah, Orko was zippin' all around. I must have been a weird kid because I made sure not to lose the accessories. Most of the stuff was still there. We put batteries in the Attak Trak and it still worked.

Lol. Good eye! Yeah, Orko was zippin' all around. I must have been a weird kid because I made sure not to lose the accessories. Most of the stuff was still there. We put batteries in the Attak Trak and it still worked.
Would it be weird if I invited myself over and played with them!? I had so much fun with those toys as a kid, I would probably cry if I saw how good of shape you kept them in. Rock on matty matt!

At least it was to feed an addiction, i tore all my stuff apart to see how it worked including a B-Wing. I thought the space set i had was Playmobil but i couldn't find pics of it, i remember a base, a ufo, and maybe a ground vehicle and the figures were all the same some in red space suits and some in yellow ones.

This one: http://www.moderndesign.org/2010/01/toy-playmospace-playmobil-space.html

I had that, the single pod ship, and the smaller rolling "shuttle" thing.

Well....this is kinda the toy....but I think if I really saw a pic, I'd find I'm so wrong in parts. But it was something like this I remember. I hate this.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/JediMichael/toy.png
I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!Whooo hooo. I have tried just about every keyword you could possible think of. I remembered it had little figured, so I tried, "toys red orange figures" in google and that worked. This has been driving me crazy for months now. I was kinda close in the picture, as far as I could remember.
I think a friend got this for me for one of my birthdays. I think I ended up selling it at a garage sale.
Its called, Air Raiders.

ThunderhammerMIB1a.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back