Best practices for attaching urethane armor to undersuit

gregday

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So what is the best way to do this? I've heard of using everything from Loctite super glue gel to Ure-Bond. The undersuit is neoprene and the armor is urethane, and all the work will be done on a mannequin, so time is not a factor.

Also, do people typically glue just around the edges of the armor, or also in the center behind the muscle areas too?

Hey Greg. I am gonna be doing one in the coming weeks so will try and take pics. Typically you only do the edges. Maybe an inch or so in. So most of the armor just floats over top.

Concern with Urebond is it's drippy and kicks relatively quickly. You only have maybe 10 minutes.

I am going to try Aquaseal and will report the results. It's more of a gel so dripping shouldn't be an issue. Does have a long cure time though.I think you can buy an accelerant for it.

Thanks, you know what armor I'm gluing down so your advice is especially welcome :)

I'm planning to perform the work on a new mannequin that will be here in a few weeks, so I have time to study up.

i also have issues with gluing urethane.
1. for urethane on urethane super glue works okay. sometimes strong sometimes not so good. however its to thin for using it on the undersuit.
2. i tried e6000 but ZERO grip on the urethane.. i can peel it of without any effort. (yes i waited 24 hours ;))
3. Tried BISON TIX. also zero grip
4. Tried BISON kombi power. 2k epoxy. little grip but not enough. however when i put superglue on the layer thats left on the fabric and then put on the urethane.. it sticks like crazy. But this i only my last choice because im not planning on glueing everything twice.
5. Freesole is hard to get in the Netherlands.

Any other methods/glue that will stick 100%?
urethane to urethane, urethane to velcro, urethane to fabric mesh.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back