Ghost in the Shell - Firearms

theflightyellz

Apologies if these have already been posted, did a search but didn't seem to come up.
From the texturing, a lot of them seem to be almost entirely 3D printed?
ghost-in-the-shell-thermoptic-pistol-the-major-scarlett-johansoon.jpgghost-in-the-shell-skinny-mans-uzi-prop.jpgghost-in-the-shell-majors-police-bike-tavor-smg.jpgghost-in-the-shell-hanka-pistol-prop.jpgghost-in-the-shell-gunman-uzi-prop.jpgghost-in-the-shell-batou-shotgun-prop.jpg

The link was posted in the main discussion thread in the entertainment and movie forum but I think this deserves a separate thread. I like all the weapons but I really love Batou's shotgun.

Diggin that shotgun too. I love revolver-shotguns like the pancor jackhammer. Very cool look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well look at that. You nailed it. Looks especially like the one they made for SilencerCo.

Looks like you nailed it ;)

Very little mods to it, apparently, just the top rail / scope cover thing, and a muzzle and the plant-ons on the cylinder.

Attachments

• GITS17_113.jpg
    GITS17_113.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 309
  • ZEClwi9.jpg
    ZEClwi9.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 250
  • The "Major's Thermoptic Pistol" appears to be based on the Glock 19 (judging by the length of the slide)
  • The "Gunmen Uzis" are all obviously based on Mini Uzis (the prop "Gunmen Uzi" and "Gunmen Briefcase Uzi" were probably cast from the same gun, since they share the serial number 02902).
  • Hanka's Pistol might be based on a Glock pistol, but the stock's a Fab Defense GLR-440 Glock Tactical Stock.
  • Mike J. already pointed out that the "Major's Police Bike Tavor SMG" is based on the IWI X95 (probably an assault rifle variant) with a a specific pistol grip and selector switch (the ones seen in the picture Mike J. posted).
  • veektohr just identified "Batou's Shotgun" as the Crye Precision SIX12 with the SilencerCo suppressor.
  • The "Gunmen Shotgun" says "870 MAGNUM" on it, but there's no "REMINGTON" and it looks like there might a different logo to the left of the serial number (0065980).
  • They also had a gun that appeared to be based on the Heckler & Koch UMP45 on display with a costume.
  • The props were apparently made by Weta Workshop.

Last edited:
I'm ready to be pelted with rocks, but honestly pretty disappointed with these designs. Yeah I am sure they will look a whole lot better on film, but where are the Seburos? Shirow's cohesive prop and environment designs were such a huge part of where this started, it seems dumb and myopic to just throw them out.

So honest question; does anyone know if this was a licensing/IP problem (possibly cause of Appleseed sharing some designs?), or did they just figure we need more generic tacticool?

I'm actually enjoying these designs, but I understand where you're coming from. I would bet it's just easier to go this route, than cramming blank-firing stuff into those designs. At least they covered up most of the pic-a-tinnys :)

I'm actually enjoying these designs, but I understand where you're coming from. I would bet it's just easier to go this route, than cramming blank-firing stuff into those designs. At least they covered up most of the pic-a-tinnys :)

They actually did use some blank-firing guns. In this video, you can see them firing and ejecting casings here and here. Also note the (I think) black and green version of the Major's pistol.

Yeah, I meant cramming them into the Seburo designs. What they've ended up using is much more practical from the standpoint of retro-fitting existing firearms.

I am saddened by the lack of any Seburos or 9-Weapons or even the Major's CZ-100. Maybe Togusa will still carry a Mateba variant? (Or, with our luck so far, it'll just be a Rhino).

Got a better quality trailer and, hence, some better caps of the Major's pistol.

Attachments

• shot0003a.jpg
    shot0003a.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 284
  • shot0003b.jpg
    shot0003b.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 320
  • shot0004a.jpg
    shot0004a.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 246
  • shot0004b.jpg
    shot0004b.jpg
    833.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.37.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.37.26 PM.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back