Sith Probe Droid - Custom Modification

Do the lights blink in a circular pattern? If so, can you get a short video?

Also, I love the use of the hair dryer parts for the "propulsion engine"!

Awesome! I feel like the blinking could be a bit slower, but I'm just picking nits, now.

Truly an awe inspiring project. I love it!

Very cool! I've got one of these that I intended to fix up, but I ended up letting my nephew play with it for a while when he was 5 or 6. He struck a killing blow that stopped it from functioning because "that's how Jedi fight them". :lol So now it's definitely getting the prop treatment.

@Walter Do you know if the droid is 1:1 scale? I just bought this game at a really great price and am
thinking of customizing mine too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks great, Walter! Excellent paint job. Did you remove all the electronics? Can it still rotate?

Thanks! I removed all of the original electronics and replaced them with my own. It was important for the droid to no longer rotate for display and future use.

Roughly how much would you say the empty shell weighed?

I'm starting a project to try to build one of these around a quadcopter, but everything I've explored besides carved foam will add way too much weight to be practical.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back