Radio controlled tank ready for a makeover

Hello everyone; I have been working on some concepts and sketches for a science fiction tank/future tank. More to come very soon...... meanwhile I have been adding some rust and crust to the Abrams.
6D5FAC2C-4B21-4DA1-A6B8-7B1D901F3868.jpeg 06959853-9332-4353-86CA-9B8B46257420.jpeg
Thank you for looking.

Hello everyone; I have a quick update to share.
look what my UPS delivery man brought me today....... It is another Heng Long Abrams tank...... I picked this one up on EBay for $114 American dollars, and free shipping. I am going to use this tank as a chassis for my “future tank” build.
DACB4701-F202-4D49-947B-5547C73CE726.jpeg
As for the M-1 Abrams in the foreground, for the most part I’m done. It has a few coats of modern military sand colored paint on it, and all that is left to do is weathering.

One criticism I have with the Heng Long tanks in general is, the paint schemes are very inaccurate. Looking at the two Abrams side by side, you can clearly see that the color as it comes from the factory is way, way too dark. It is almost like dark wood mahogany.
more to come on the “Future Tank” soon.
thanks for looking.

Hello everyone;
I have a quick update to share- when I was a kid, one of my favorite T.V. Shows was U.F.O. Therefore, for my future Tank R/C conversion I am going to build the rarely seen SHADO Mobile Rocket Launcher AKA- Moon Defender. For those purists out there, I apologize in advance because I am going to use quite a bit of “artistic license” with this build. My intention is to display the Mobile and the M-1 together. I want the two tanks to look chronologically related as if the Mobile is a newer variant or block number. That in mind, I am going to revamp the design a bit while honoring the original.
D4F7AB09-2F06-43A6-BA53-F2D850749E2C.jpeg7B4EAC70-6155-4BD6-88A8-227735CAFC51.jpeg
Thank you for looking.

For this build, I decided to fabricate a quick mock-up using foam core board. That way I can see rather quickly if I like the design and proportions. This also helps me evaluate how everything will fit together.
F835BCF5-4687-4C76-865C-FA4B24703BA8.jpeg
After about an hour, here is what I came up with.
F1B9D9E2-A584-4F06-9AC3-25B08FB05031.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back