Dark Phoenix (Post-release)

What did you think of Dark Phoenix?

• It was great. Loved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JLeezy23

Sr Member
Well, Logan is the end of an era. And we have the First Class cast that was (sorta) a reboot. All they need to do is forget about the 2000s cast as soon as Logan is released and they should be fine.

Fassbender, McAvoy, and JLaw have entertained the idea of staying in the X-Universe, only if all 3 are signed together, which is what Kinberg has taken into consideration. The article also talks Deadpool future, X-Force, New Mutants, and the long development of Channing Tatum's Gambit. I'm excited to see Singer has walked away and would LOVE to see more outfits as we seen in First Class and Deadpool :D I hope we're finished with 10 year jumps and can slowly watch the mutants grow into the 90s and cannot wait for an X-Force film, especially of Jeff Wadlow directs it.

http://www.cbr.com/fox-eyeing-x-men...-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=list

Re: Possible X-Men Reboot, and the future of other Mutant films

would prefer they start over from scratch. I would like fassbender and mcavoy back but not jlaw, atleast not in the way she was portrayed in the last few...in the end shes not a good guy and def not the leader/trainer of the x-men

I want to see the Dark Phoenix saga done right.
Just film what Claremont wrote, you yobs, and stop making up dumb stuff because you're a "Hollywood screenwriter"
and think you're a better writer than Chris Claremont.
You're not. Just film what he wrote, you script-punching hacks.
Oh, and the next time you tease me with the PERFECT Jubilee and then not even put her in the film I will burn your house down.
[insert Tom Cruise's "Flaming Dragon" rant]

I want to see the Dark Phoenix saga done right.
Just film what Claremont wrote, you yobs, and stop making up dumb stuff because you're a "Hollywood screenwriter"
and think you're a better writer than Chris Claremont.
You're not. Just film what he wrote, you script-punching hacks.
Oh, and the next time you tease me with the PERFECT Jubilee and then not even put her in the film I will burn your house down.
[insert Tom Cruise's "Flaming Dragon" rant]

To be fair, it's not all the screenwriters' faults, I'm sure that a pretty hefty amount of blame can be placed on the studio as they likely dictated to the screenwriters what they wanted to see in the movies. It was probably the studio that dictated that Mystique be a good guy simply because she's played by JLaw and they can't have a JLaw playing either a villain or a minor/secondary character.

I second your opinion on Jubilee, the casting was perfect, as was her outfit and we don't get to see her do anything, not even a single burst of fireworks.

I would prefer they stop screwing around and work a deal either to sell the rights back or do join productions like Sony did with Spider-Man.

You think if they wanted to make any money they would do this. Then again, Im not too thrilled about the news they just released about Spiderman homecoming. I was sort of excited for that and now...not so much.

They need to get rid of Simon Kinberg. He is like the anti Kevin Feige.

What's the news about Spider-Man: Homecoming?

What's the news about Spider-Man: Homecoming?

Spidey doesnt punch villains, he reacts as a child does and only punches them by accident, no full on fights, he tries to avoid violence

re: Spider-Man
I don't see what the fuss is... That's in keeping with the core of the Spider-Man character as I always knew him before the writers did all the Venom/Carnage/clone stuff with him. He's always been about the agility and smart-talk and using both plus his webs to make his adversaries hurt themselves.

As for the X-Men... What they need is something like a Story Group. Have it all start with Xavier way pre-X-Men, back when he could still walk... I'm not talking the hatchet-job First Class did of it. I mean glean interesting things from the comics -- his friendship with Moira, his relationship with Gabrielle, his son David, his friendship with Erik, his run-in in Cairo with the young pickpocket Ororo Munroe, his psychic battle with the Shadow King... There's a lot. The first film should either end with him recruiting his first student, Scott Summers, or have that be the easter egg in the credits.

I'm fine with the films taking inspiration from the Ultimate comics more than the original Marvel Universe in a lot of places. In fact, I far prefer the Ultimate take on the Fantastic Four over the original. But for the X-Men, there's a reason those were their top sellers for a good twenty years. A new, consistent, and coherent take on the origins of the team (Scott, Hank, Bobby, and Warren being his first students, Jean Grey being recruited, the introduction of other characters from there, like Alex Summers, Alison Blair, Ororo, Gambit, Rogue, etc.), and go with Claremont to mine script material. The Shi'ar, the Brood, Mister Sinister, a proper Apocalypse, all of the Phoenix stuff -- not just the Dark Phoenix Saga. I still find all of that much more engaging than the Ultimate X-Men -- which were being developed simultaneous with the first X-Men film, and it's obvious when you sit down with both how the back and forth each influenced the other.

--Jonah

re: Spider-Man
I don't see what the fuss is... That's in keeping with the core of the Spider-Man character as I always knew him before the writers did all the Venom/Carnage/clone stuff with him. He's always been about the agility and smart-talk and using both plus his webs to make his adversaries hurt themselves.

Couldn't agree more. I'm actually all for it. I think it's great news.

As for the X-Men - I don't think they need another origin story.
Let's just start in space: The X-Men are in trouble, they're all going to die, Jean sacrifices herself to save the team.
Then just tell the Phoenix story. Abbreviated, of course, but it shouldn't be too hard to hit the hi-lights.
As far as where the rest of the X-Men are, just drop in a little box that says "To see what the rest of the team are up to, go see 'X-Men: Savage Land'! In theaters NOW!"
At the end of the movie the X-Men are in trouble, they're all going to die. Jean sacrifices herself. Again. She's gone.
A skinny, awkward girl knocks on the door of Xavier's School for Gifted Children. No one answers. She phases through the closed doors. Fade to black. Roll credits.
I should have gone to film school and been a director... I can see the movie in my head, and I can't imagine a dry eye in the house.

The X-Men are awesome because Chris Claremont is awesome.
Period, I guess, because I can't think of anything to follow that sentence.

I think in terms of how to incorporate the X-Men or FF into an MCU that's already eight years in, with the Avengers and Guardians (and Daredevil) already pretty well-evolved... I have many proto-ideas, but it would depend on when such inclusions would happen. Currently, for the X-Men, I'd say some public event that reveals the existence of mutants, and Charles intercedes. From there, we could take a trip back to how he got started. Captain America showed we can have a flashback movie bookended by where it fits in context.

But that's currently. I don't know how Black Panther or Ragnarok or Spider-Man or Infinity War will impact things.

--Jonah

I honestly couldn't care if they're part of the MCU or not.
Actually, I think I'd prefer it if they weren't - otherwise we'd get more crap like Thor in a hot-tub, a la "Age of Ultron".
The X-Men are already a family - no need to clutter up their rapport with senseless cameos and exposition to sell other films.

My personal opinion is that they should consider properly written tv series for X-men and Spider-man.Nowadays you see more and more Netflix series being released,so perhaps that's the route to take instead of infinite movie reboots; this way,the villains don't have to die at the end,writers don't have to cram the story in a 3 hour time frame and best of all: they can take their time to develop a good story.

I honestly couldn't care if they're part of the MCU or not.
Actually, I think I'd prefer it if they weren't - otherwise we'd get more crap like Thor in a hot-tub, a la "Age of Ultron".
The X-Men are already a family - no need to clutter up their rapport with senseless cameos and exposition to sell other films.

Well... A couple things. They don't necessarily need to dump the whole roster of decades in right at the first. They'd be in the same position as with Irion Man or Doctor Strange -- where they can look at a half-century of material and winkle out the elements that all work well together and play with those. In the Doctor Strange comics,
the Eye of Agamotto wasn't the Time Infinity Stone.
But it works well as such and I'm happy that's the direction the film went. As a for-instance. And it would make sense to keep characters in reserve to introduce a dozen films down the line as the first-up actors get older.

Plus, the X-Men and FF have been seriously involved in a lot of big Marvel events over the years. Onslaught springs instantly to mind. And it's not just that -- or the main cast of characters. Without the rights to FF, Galactus and the Silver Surfer won't be part of the Infinity War. No Doctor Doom, no She-Hulk, no Skrulls, no Annihilus, no Captain Britain, and so on and so on. They've been doing okay so far, but I, for one, keenly feel the gaping holes the lack of those properties is leaving in the MCU. *shrug*

--Jonah

FX is working on Legion, but they say its loosely tied to the X-Universe, but its a start with a mutant filled series. I do agree, a series can flesh out characters with 10-14 episodes much better than a 2 hour film. I'd put all my money in for many X-Men spinoffs in a line up of series, but high payed actors won't want to. Maybe with the new cast, I'd definitely want a Summers series with Tye Sheridan, if he were up to it. A continuation after Apocalypse would work, as long as they don't jump years and decades ahead. 3 spinoff shows, 1 season each, then a teamup film. Then continue the seasons with the film's revenue, or vice versa. There are so many mutants, I honestly think they don't need them in the MCU. There's thousands of mutants alone, and to retcon them into the MCU history when they evolve over decades is a bit ridiculous this far into the MCU Phases. The mutant registration act is just as contrversial as the Sokovia Accords, and would be talked about throughout the U.S and other countries and way too big to be "hidden" or not talked about if they did suddenly pop up in Phase 5. An expanded Mutant universe is needed, but a joined universe is too.... much. Imho

With the Inhumans on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., there is precedent for naturally-empowered beings in the MCU. And given the comics' collective mutant backstories, there's every reason to stay under the radar -- like the inhumans (who would have been mutants if Fox didn't have the rights to the term) -- until some event brought them to public awareness.

--Jonah

Spidey doesnt punch villains, he reacts as a child does and only punches them by accident, no full on fights, he tries to avoid violence

i like it, ALOT... cockiness and wit, garfield nailed that bit of the character, he just couldn't bring home the boy next door feel that macguire had.... bring it!

Hopefully, if Wolverine was a main character in rebooting the X-Men, they don't pick some tall skinny jovial guy to play him. He should be thick and stocky and act like a real gruff ***** to everyone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back