Dark Phoenix (Post-release)

What did you think of Dark Phoenix?

• It was great. Loved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Wait, if this takes place 10 years after Apocalypse, shouldn't Professor X be Patrick Stewart by now?

Re: X-Men: Dark Phoenix

foX-Men has a multiverse with multiple timelines, the first movies were wiped away and the new timeline is Deadpool in the present and the young cast in the past. The old timeline had mutants age regularly, the new timeline has them age super slowly. I see why they left Moira out of this film, she would have to be in her 50s at least and she has only aged about 7 or 8 years

More of the same. This looks like a total snoozefest. I cant believe they made the X Men franchise boring. When the hell is Fox getting acquired by Disney so they can fix everything?

I was telling someone earlier today, this movie gives me the same feeling as when I'm a season behind on a show , then before i can catch up, the show gets cancelled. No matter how much I want to finish, the back of my mind keeps asking, "What's the point?".

I've enjoyed bits & pieces of FOX's run, but I'm more excited about what Fiege has in store.

Yeah... So, that's a thing, I guess.

I can't believe that one of my favorite comic storylines is so hard to adapt.

Apparently, they didn't even try to adapt it - they just chucked it out the window and wrote their own dumb story.

That trailer didn't do anything for me at all.
Well, I rolled my eyes and yawned, so I guess it did something.

Yeah, very.... meh.

I WAS a huge X-men fan. Not a fan of the last several movies at all. Actually, I just watched Apocalypse for the first time around two weeks ago, what a snoozefest. I think the biggest bee in my bonnet about these films is, hey, we managed to get J-Law locked in so let's make Mystique the central character. Even though she looks like she REALLY can't be bothered to show a tiny bit of enthusiasm. (They may even write it into the budget to digitally delete her rolling her eyes and going... UGH, after every line.)

The only thing this trailer did is make me angry that it will be that much longer before Marvel can do something with the X-Men.

Granted, this is the first trailer, but it's just boring. This isn't Phoenix. Of course, considering they're basing it around the horrible abortion Last Stand, that's no surprise. They really need to pretend that movie never existed at all.

Granted, this is the first trailer, but it's just boring. This isn't Phoenix. Of course, considering they're basing it around the horrible abortion Last Stand, that's no surprise. They really need to pretend that movie never existed at all.

I think that's the greatest travesty of these later X-Men movies... they had an opportunity for a clean slate, and decided to say "Nah... let's stick with what Bryan Singer started, even though the bar has been set higher by Marvel..."

I think that's the greatest travesty of these later X-Men movies... they had an opportunity for a clean slate, and decided to say "Nah... let's stick with what Bryan Singer started, even though the bar has been set higher by Marvel..."

It isn't like Fox has been well known for making good decisions with the Marvel movies. They've had far more misses than hits.

Then they deserve the 'feedback' they are getting.

If they see others raising the bar on what people are coming to expect as 'normal' now...... and they dont step up. Then they WANT to make a sub-par movie.. and the results are what they are.

Being that the "X"-franchise is my favorite.. and holds a sweet spot in my heart.. I cant believe they made so many terrible movies!

There is SO MANY story lines to use...
There are so many characters with depth they could have used.. (or used better!)

First Class
Days of Future Past were the best of the bunch.. AND THATS ONLY 2 OF THEM!!! (sigh)

Phoenix is also a great character....(not a great actor selection IMHO though)...
How can you tell the story.. (but not really tell it?)

There is a reason and story about HOW she became Phoenix (or gained the Phoenix Force I should say)

Sadly I just got zero vibe of anxiousness to want to see this film. I feel so detached from the X-Men franchise now.

I was always amped to see these in the earlier days, but now I just don't know what story is supposed to be what and there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies.

One of my favorite more recent ones of theirs was Days of Future Past. Fairly low-tech for an X-Men film, but it was cool!

I still haven't watched Apocalypse. I just don't know what they're not doing that isn't making me look forward to these films, but I know I don't like what they are doing with it overall.

Maybe it's all the SPFX in films. Now that anything is visually possible, they need to just focus on more engaging storytelling and not cool shots in trailers. I feel like i've grown numb to that aspect of films now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back