ANH R2-D2 Build (Weathered CS:R spec)

Just got some more resin parts in the mail. Had to lay everything out to see how it's going to look. These are by far the best quality resin pieces I've ever bought.

lcppsMDh.jpg

Lots more filling and sanding to do, but it's exciting when things start to take shape.

Matt are those horseshoes aluminum?! If they aren't, damn that's a convincing paint job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some kind of hardboard. They came with the leg kit. I might cut some from aluminum.

They work just fine in low traffic situations. I have made some from MDF for other builders. If you plan to do a lot of cons with him, then upgrading to something stronger like acrylic or aluminum is best. It's an easy part to trade out for when needed.

While I was out cutting the grass tonight I thought I'd hit the legs with some primer. I was prepared for the worst, but they really don't look bad at all. I had molded in the beefy ankles a few days ago and routed out that groove with my Dremel. Some more filling and sanding to do, but I don't think it will be too bad.

7RyhRe4h.jpg

ykZYGrJh.jpg

Nice clean lines with no seems! Did you use a jig of some sort when using the Dremel? Looks pretty straight.

Yeah, I clamped a flat piece of wood to the leg and used that as a guide. No way I was doing it freehand.

Prepared for the worst? Those suckers look beautiful!!

Well I know from experience, a coat of primer will immediately show you all the areas you messed up, lol. I guess all my sanding paid off, because I took a closer look this morning and these things don't need a lot of work at all.

Damn Matt!! Isn't it amazing how much more it comes to life just by adding the white paint?!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back