USS Defiant

ausf

I just finished the Polar Lights 1/1000 kit. I built it to reflect the USS Defiant from the Tholian Web episode from the Original Series. The Enterprise responds to a distress signal to find the Defiant as a derelict stuck between two universes. This will serve as a backdrop for the 1/350 kit once it hits the shelves this month.

The bussards are functional with rotation and flashing LEDs, the nacelles were a tight squeeze for a pair of gearbox/motor combos. The video is an early attempt before the LEDs were on circuit, just to test rotation speed. The system runs on 6 volts, the lighting in the saucer are simple LEDs, not flashing. The green paint is transparent Vallejo in Future, sprayed in successive coats, with a Matt varnish overspray to try to get some haze over the decals. I may revisit it and go heavier. I originally was going to try glow pigments, but was afraid of them being opaque. The photo is untouched, just slightly underexposed with overhead lighting against a back cloth backdrop.

Any thoughts or criticisms are appreciated.

def1.jpgdef3.jpgdef5.jpg

hdf0a547.jpg

Attachments

• def2.jpg
    def2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 72
  • def4.jpg
    def4.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 69
  • def6.jpg
    def6.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back