Need help with Mini X-Wing Stickers

hawaiianjedi

I got to a point in the build where i tried to apply the stickers (wish they were decals instead) and they would not stay down...I saw the same problem with a store display mini X-Wing. I had washed and dried the X-Wing 3 days prior to the sticker attempt. HELP
2016-10-29 16.43.53.jpg
2016-06-01 19.47.55.jpg
2016-05-07 06.22.49.jpg

Look up Dannon Marsh on FB, he makes excellent replacement water slide decals for both the tiny T-65 and T-70's.
Here is my T-70 with his decals. Pretty sure he sells them on eBay as well. You can pretty much get them in any color as well.
5a2s9d.jpg

155p2k3.jpg

1qpkz9.jpg

I've had that happen with the gundams models Bandai puts out, i think the glue on the decals just isn't any good half the time. I have no idea why they don't do water slide decals, it's either stickers or rub-on decals of all things which i haven't seen since i was a kid doing easter eggs lol.

All of the larger Bandai SW kits come with both, waterslide and stickers. Bandai's waterslide are very nice to work with.

Brannon's decals were also very nice. They are not separated so you have to cut each one out though.

You can always use clear paint as a basis to affixing the decals. Pull the waterslide decals off, let them dry and then set them into clear paint. Voilá.

Thanks for the info....the decals look great an at $20 for 6ea it is very affordable!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info Robiwon....the decals look great an at $20 for 6ea it is very affordable!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Aloha DaddyfromNaboo....thanks for the info regarding the clear paint and the waterslide decals...i am not sure how it will work with the stickers but will test it out.

So...here is what i did so far:
I tried to get the curled sticker to lay flat and try the clear paint idea but after soaking in water for a while it would not.
I bought 'Tamiya Mark Fit' to soften the sticker but no luck

Back to square one....HELP!!!

Paint your markings on, grab a set of decals I used, or, grab some colored decal sheet from the hobby shop and cut your own markings. I think your stickers are pretty much toast at this point.

Or, I can send you my set of stickers. I have decals and wont be using them. But I'm afraid you will run into the same issue, they are just stickers.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back