Mining Guild TIE Fighter, TIE/LN

Splashcoat

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (1).jpgMining Guild TIE fighters were modified TIE/LN starfighters that the Mining Guild was allowed to use due to its association with the Galactic Empire. In order to make those fighters clearly distinct from the ones in direct service of the Empire, they had a yellow colour scheme. They also had a notch cut in their stabilizers, giving them only eight solar collectors instead of twelve, which gave them improved visibility, but greatly diminished their combat capabilities and maneuverability. This one was modified from the old AMT 1/51 TIE 2-pack. Its wingman was built OOB and given an early, light blue colour scheme.

View attachment 680325

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (3).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (2).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (4).jpg
Mining Guild TIE Fighter (6).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (5).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (7).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (8).jpg
Mining Guild TIE Fighter (9).jpg
Mining Guild TIE Fighter (11).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (10).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (12).jpg
Mining Guild TIE Fighter (13).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (14).jpg

Fleet Admiral Spoo, posing with a modified TIE/LN of his own design, on a deployment inspection near the Sereeda Waypoint. These TIEs, provided to the Mining Guild by The Empire, were much maligned by their pilots due to being underpowered as a consequence of eliminating the forward solar array. The installation of a life support system was a further drain on the already diminished power supply. The missing panels also changed the centre of mass, causing control problems. This was likely by design, as The Empire had no wish to supply other factions with top-of-the-line equipment.
Mining Guild TIE Fighter (15).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (16).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (17).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (18).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (19).jpg
Mining Guild TIE Fighter (20).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (21).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (22).jpgMining Guild TIE Fighter (23).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter.jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (1).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (2).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (3).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (4).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (5).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (6).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (7).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (8).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (9).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (10).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (11).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (12).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (13).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (14).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (15).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (16).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (17).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (18).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (19).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (20).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (21).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (22).jpg

Mining Guild TIE Fighter (23).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work, love what you've done here. Last year's season of Star Wars Rebels featured mining guild TIEs in an episode as well.

Wow that turned out really good. I was not a fan of the design as seen in reels, but I like what I see here. I guess its the stumpy wings that really make it look off in Rebels

Excellent work

Cheers, everyone, and thanks for the kind words. It's been pointed out to me by a few people that the canonical explanation for the wing modification might not hold water...

View - Actual.jpg

Whatever the reason for this modification, I'm still a sucker for a TIE variant.

Very cool. I wanted to do one when I saw the Rebels episode. Nice work, the paint looks especially nice.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back