Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Build Thread

Fettastic

Here is where I am at so far. I will post most recent photos of my progress at the top of this post
If you want to follow me on Instagram I only post my Boba Fett progress. Instagram: @Fettastic22

Current:
Boba Fett ANH Backdrop 2.jpg Fett on set 501st 3.JPG IMG_0252.JPG

Past:
Fettastic ESB 2.jpg Fettastic ESB 17 fotor 2.jpg Fettastic ESB 2 fotor.jpg

Fettastic ESB 10 fotor.jpg Fettastic ESB 11.jpg Fettastic ESB 1.jpg

Boba Fett Pose 2.jpg Boba Fett ESB 1.jpg Boba Fett ESB 3.jpg Boba Fett Pose 4.jpg

Older Photo:

Stay posted for more.

IG: fettastic22
Cameron

Attachments

• Fettastic ESB 18 fotor.jpg
    Fettastic ESB 18 fotor.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Re: Boba Fett (EMPIRE) Build Thread

The armor I have now is Fettpride V3 armor. It is vac formed plastic that I have trimmed and painted.

Trimmed and unpainted.

IMG_4942.JPG

First layer of metalic silver applied.

IMG_4960.JPG

After the base green and multiple layers of weathering has been applied over masking fluid.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

After removing masking fluid and applying final weathering.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

After final dull coat and ready for wear.

IMG_5365.JPG

Looks great! I've wanted to do a Boba for a looooooong time now. Your progress is inspiring.

SB

Looks great! I've wanted to do a Boba for a looooooong time now. Your progress is inspiring.

SB

I would start collecting now. I mean, I pretty much went balls out and it's taken me a year with much neglect from my family and friends to get this far lol.

Working on a new Helmet for my build. It's a Fettpride FPH2.

Here is the kit as I received it from another TDH Member.

image_zps3jsviusw.jpg

Assembled with ears and servo for range finder.

image_zpsqy0izlwb.jpg

I like to start by painting everything with metallic silver.

image_zpsrxgsaaan.jpg

I'm starting with the back panels as most people agree it's the most complex and best to tackle first.

For the most part the steps I take are pretty traditional with a few exceptions.

I don't like to topically paint any large portions of silver damage since I feel these should mimic actual metal and I don't want to see any brush strokes. So I start with silver and mask off the damage areas and apply the next color and then remove the masking fluid to reveal the silver in the shape and detail I want.

image_zpsm3mfxfhp.jpg

I like to lightly mist greys and browns over this base color in certain areas to add inconsistency and weathering

image_zpsm9aazzku.jpg

After masking off the concrete/beige layer and airbrushing the green/blue/grey color.

image_zpsoks0a7pi.jpg

I like to topically paint the grey damage because it is usually a layer surrounding the silver damage. This allows me to fine detail the grey and also the silver damage detail. The grey areas are also usually pretty small so any brush strokes would be hard to see.

image_zps7dug3o7r.jpg

I kinda got ahead of myself and started adding some of the dark/weathered blue detail...I usually do this step after all the other layers are done but...I just couldn't wait!

image_zps7hvvtlff.jpg

image_zps2xyklbju.jpg

Last edited:

unbelievable build! this is all free hand? are u using sticker stencils? i love the colors

unbelievable build! this is all free hand? are u using sticker stencils? i love the colors

Thank you! I print up the stencils on paper after sizing and skewing them to fit (a lot of trial and error) then I tape them in place and use tracing paper underneath. I do this step for the masking fluid, then airbrush the blue and concrete/sand layers. The other layers and small scraches and paint chips I free hand using the larger "land marks" for reference.

Finished up these back panels!

topically added the small base color damage.
topically added the small silver scratches
topically added the scuffs
airbrushed some light misting/weathering

image_zpseu8e46ui.jpg

image_zps0wyafbnc.jpg

image_zpsysuczdyf.jpg

image_zpstru1cyko.jpg

image_zpsdcrmrgqg.jpg

image_zpse4w2fr4q.jpg

image_zpsuo7mzs4s.jpg

image_zpswaqrgwgz.jpg

Thank you! I print up the stencils on paper after sizing and skewing them to fit (a lot of trial and error) then I tape them in place and use tracing paper underneath. I do this step for the masking fluid, then airbrush the blue and concrete/sand layers. The other layers and small scraches and paint chips I free hand using the larger "land marks" for reference.

that is some serious dedication! this looks phenomenal!

Boy, that's some nice work. Wish I had the skills and patience.
Unfortunately I've chickened out with my DVH helmet, and have commissioned someone to do my ESB paint up.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back