Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Build Thread

Re: Boba Fett (EMPIRE) Build Thread

Side by side comparison for funsies! ;)
The Color is a little off due to lighting, the camera angle isn't perfect and what not but you get the idea!

a0407061-0600-4042-90a2-a3a1878f8d0c_zpsmpc1hnfs.jpg
6b21d412-ed65-454a-83b9-e5e32eeea137_zpsernk5kos.jpg

Damn, THAT IS BREATHTAKING BEAUTIFUL! I can't stress this enough, bro!

Like i already told you in PM, i REALLY need to save some money! :love:thumbsup

Great job on that helmet! I may be starting a Fett helmet in the near future. I am curious how many tins of each paint are required...one...ten?? Just want to know so I don't run out halfway in.

-david

Side by side comparison for funsies! ;)
The Color is a little off due to lighting, the camera angle isn't perfect and what not but you get the idea!

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums...1-0600-4042-90a2-a3a1878f8d0c_zpsmpc1hnfs.jpghttp://i1255.photobucket.com/albums...2-ed65-454a-83b9-e5e32eeea137_zpsernk5kos.jpg

Damn, THAT IS BREATHTAKING BEAUTIFUL! I can't stress this enough, bro!

Like i already told you in PM, i REALLY need to save some money! :love:thumbsup

Thanks again brother! And it's ok that you don't have the funds yet...I have two helmets, two full armor sets, 2 sets of gauntlets, and 3 jetpacks to paint right now. Take your time ;)

Great job on that helmet! I may be starting a Fett helmet in the near future. I am curious how many tins of each paint are required...one...ten?? Just want to know so I don't run out halfway in.

-david

It really depends, how big are your tins? I didn't really keep track on this one because I do a lot of paint mixing to color match. A lot of the bottles I use are 1/2 oz bottles and man to be honest I probably went through closer to 15-20...again I'm not really sure as I did a lot of mixing and had leftovers and wasn't really keeping track. My next one I will try to remember to take note for anyone else who's curious.

this paint job is breathtaking

Thanks again Halliwax. Always a compliment from someone so well versed in all things Star Wars ;)

i am seriously blown away... i cant imagine the time that went into this. outstanding

Yeah, it would be nice to know. I am sure it takes a lot more of the greens than say the reds. I feel like that information is out there...I will do a little more searching.

Edit:

I found this quote on The Dented Helmet...does it sound about right?

"The Floquils realistically, I generally only need the one bottle per colour. This may change if you're doing heaps of colour testing, but overall, one bottle should be plenty.

As for the humbrols, yeah, the tins are indeed quite small. I usually make it a rule to go for 3 tins for areas with greater coverage (like the dome and cheeks, so the greens and silvers), and two tins for smaller coverage areas. It may be a bit more than necessary, but that's always better than running out. The only thing I will add though, is that Humbrols are readily available in every hobby shop over here, so I can easily grab another tin when necessary whenever needed. I only say this, as if you are ordering online, you may want an extra tin of the bigger colours here and there to be on the safe side, incase you are testing or have some spills etc..."

It really depends, how big are your tins? I didn't really keep track on this one because I do a lot of paint mixing to color match. A lot of the bottles I use are 1/2 oz bottles and man to be honest I probably went through closer to 15-20...again I'm not really sure as I did a lot of mixing and had leftovers and wasn't really keeping track. My next one I will try to remember to take note for anyone else who's curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, it would be nice to know. I am sure it takes a lot more of the greens than say the reds. I feel like that information is out there...I will do a little more searching.

Edit:

I found this quote on The Dented Helmet...does it sound about right?

"The Floquils realistically, I generally only need the one bottle per colour. This may change if you're doing heaps of colour testing, but overall, one bottle should be plenty.

As for the humbrols, yeah, the tins are indeed quite small. I usually make it a rule to go for 3 tins for areas with greater coverage (like the dome and cheeks, so the greens and silvers), and two tins for smaller coverage areas. It may be a bit more than necessary, but that's always better than running out. The only thing I will add though, is that Humbrols are readily available in every hobby shop over here, so I can easily grab another tin when necessary whenever needed. I only say this, as if you are ordering online, you may want an extra tin of the bigger colours here and there to be on the safe side, incase you are testing or have some spills etc..."

Yes, that sounds spot on! Humbrol tins are very tiny but they are super thick and need to be thinned so you actually get more out of it...but still I would take his advice and get three on the larger portioned areas to paint and two on the smaller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bravo. I applaud anyone who can accurately paint these Fett buckets. Dayam that talent. :)

20161220_135355.jpg

Yeah i feel yeah! helmet looks GREAT! I just finished repainting my ESB not so long ago with custom printed vinyl (Rafalfett's) stencils (so many layers and sheets of vinyl i went through omg lol) but nothing beats being able to custom mix enamel paints to be as accurate as possible very rewarding.
personally me i only needed one of each for the colors of humbrol but needed about 3 1/2 for the main green
also painted the star wars weekend mug from a few years back to ESB vs the ROTJ colors it came with lol
i think im going to try your armor method it looks very promising!

View attachment 699102

Yeah i feel yeah! helmet looks GREAT! I just finished repainting my ESB not so long ago with custom printed vinyl (Rafalfett's) stencils (so many layers and sheets of vinyl i went through omg lol) but nothing beats being able to custom mix enamel paints to be as accurate as possible very rewarding.
personally me i only needed one of each for the colors of humbrol but needed about 3 1/2 for the main green
also painted the star wars weekend mug from a few years back to ESB vs the ROTJ colors it came with lol
i think im going to try your armor method it looks very promising!

Nice! Great paint job! I love the mini bucket :D And that's a good idea about repainting the Boba Fett mug to ESB. I think I have the same mug! Do you have any pictures? I bet it looks so much better.

Definitely give this attachment method a try. It's really nice to be able to line the armor up on the vest and then just poke it through. Another way I tried was I made cardboard mock ups of the armor then, with the jewelry pins already attached, I lined the armor with the cardboard mock ups and pushed the pins through. Then I made those whole that the jewelry pins punched through bigger as to get a sharpie head through. Then I lined the cardboard mock ups on the vest where I wanted them and made a dot where the wholes were. This gave me a perfect target where to push the jewelry pins through on the vest. Perfect placement and easy to take on and off when needed. Not one clutch back has popped off and they are actually pretty difficult to get off even when trying. And if you do try this method please share :)

16144740_10155040336072147_838696782_n.jpg

Yeah here are some progress shots from when i was working on the mug. the most current picture it the one i last posted which has all the missing details on the ear and other places but you get the idea lol, i loved how it came out (still a pain in the put to paint anything ESB regardless of scale)

and yeah im going to re evaluate my vest and see what i can do to maybe attach it via your method.
15542025_10154945280337147_2634076135326531618_n.jpg

View attachment 699465

Yeah here are some progress shots from when i was working on the mug. the most current picture it the one i last posted which has all the missing details on the ear and other places but you get the idea lol, i loved how it came out (still a pain in the put to paint anything ESB regardless of scale)

and yeah im going to re evaluate my vest and see what i can do to maybe attach it via your method.
View attachment 699466

Wow! That looks amazing! Way better converted to ESB if you ask me. And, nope...I've never seen that mug! So cool it has the Jetpack Rocket as the handle!

Dude...so perfect. Im tempted to have you paint mine.........but that would take away from my fun. Awesome work.

Wow..very good work!Its always nice to see a great painted Boba.I really need a finished Boba helmet for my ESB-Detholf cabinet.;)

Dude...so perfect. Im tempted to have you paint mine.........but that would take away from my fun. Awesome work.

Thanks man! And yes, painting these can be a lot of fun...they can also be the bane of ones existence if you don't take appropriate breaks to give the eyes a rest from the chaotic mess of battle worn damage. :wacko lol.

Wow..very good work!Its always nice to see a great painted Boba.I really need a finished Boba helmet for my ESB-Detholf cabinet.;)

I appreciate it. I must say that your thread on your ROTJ Vader Reveal Helmet is most impressive to say the least.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back