Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Build Thread

Re: Boba Fett (EMPIRE) Build Thread

Can't wait for you to ship it to me.

This one is for me Stormy! I do commissions though ;)

What an incredible paint job! Just awesome!!!

Thanks for the compliment!

Man do I want one of these now... Great job!

Thanks! If you can make it look like the one used on screen, in this case Empire Strikes Back, it is one of the coolest Star Wars show pieces to have in my opinion. I mean what other helmet has this kind of damage, detail, and complexity? I love it :)

I was hoping to finish all the fine detailed weathering yesterday but was unable to finish. I did however manage to do the white finger smudges!

Thumb%20smudge%202_zpsexpilamj.jpg

Vid%20Cap%20Smudge_zpsgh5i8fdw.jpg

I was able to do the spatter, rust, and grease stain on the right side of the helmet as well as attach my RF topper. For the spatter I ended up using 3 different colors. I wet a brush with relatively stiff bristles with the paint I want to spatter. Then I'll flip the brush upside down, and brush my finger across the top of the bristles to flick the paint. I practice on a scratch piece right before moving to the helmet to make sure the effect and consistency of the spatter is correct. Then after I get the effect I want, I'll go back in and topically apply the more predominant spatters and shape them as best I can to reference pictures. It's really stressful but fun. I also do the stock un-attached to the helmet since there is a lot more rust on it.

IMG_5756_zpspzjodm1w.jpg

Full%20Front%201_zpsfne4yo26.jpg

Here's a front shot with some different lighting.

IMG_5783_zpsa9dy0vbe.png

Wow! That's beautiful! You are very talented with the paints!

Absolutely stunning, i'm in love! That's easily one of the best Fett helmet i've ever seen!
Do you plan to do the interior also like the screenused helmet?

Wow! That's beautiful! You are very talented with the paints!

Absolutely beautiful!

Absolutely stunning, i'm in love! That's easily one of the best Fett helmet i've ever seen!
Do you plan to do the interior also like the screenused helmet?

Wow! Thanks so much guys! You are all far too kind :)
RoCKo I have started collecting accurate helmet interior parts including the cradle but am still on the fence about installing them in this helmet...I may go for comfort over accuracy in this instance since I'll be trooping in this helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Went on my first Troop with The Twin Suns Star Wars Fan Club at Tulare Galaxy Theater for the Rogue One Premiere! Even Though my suit wasn't at 100% I was allowed to troop. Such an amazing group of Star Wars Fans! There was even a Han In Carbonite for me to stand by!

Boba%20and%20Han%20in%20Carbinite_zps7igkjts4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow! Thanks so much guys! You are all far too kind :)
@RoCKo I have started collecting accurate helmet interior parts including the cradle but am still on the fence about installing them in this helmet...I may go for comfort over accuracy in this instance since I'll be trooping in this helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Went on my first Troop with The Twin Suns Star Wars Fan Club at Tulare Galaxy Theater for the Rogue One Premiere! Even Though my suit wasn't at 100% I was allowed to troop. Such an amazing group of Star Wars Fans! There was even a Han In Carbonite for me to stand by!

[url]http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh621/Cameron_Toews/Boba%20and%20Han%20in%20Carbinite_zps7igkjts4.jpg[/URL]

Nothing but Awesome. Your thread has inspired me to buy a Fett lid and get to work. I giggle at the thought of others judging your work......like a finger painter judging Van Gough.

Nothing but Awesome. Your thread has inspired me to buy a Fett lid and get to work. I giggle at the thought of others judging your work......like a finger painter judging Van Gough.

That's the best thing I've heard! One can only hope to inspire other enthusiasts with their threads. You will have so much fun with this project and I'm excited for you. Hey, the white smudges on this helmet were mostly me using my finger to smear the white paint so...I'm the finger painter :lol And because there is so much speculation as to what colors were used on the actual helmet, it is inevitable that me and my work will most certainly be judged. But hey that's the fun of it right?!?! Either way I appreciate the compliment.

I got a couple more photo's from my first troop this weekend. One of the members brought their Hyperfirm EE-3 for me to troop with too! I definitely felt in complete without it.

Fettastic%20Galaxy%203_zpsmgr5ka0c.jpg

Fettastic%20Galaxy%202%20fotor_zpsp8q3zzjf.jpg

342d5add-4503-41cf-8d00-ea4e070a74de_zpsoqdqn7ms.jpg

Last edited:

Finally got my wireless servo working for the rangefinder! Next I gotta get the leds to go blinky blinky :D

Since the holidays I didn't have anytime to sit down and do any Boba work until yesterday. I finished the last details to this lid and as far as the exterior goes I'm calling it finished :D

The last of it includes some very subtle details like the crack on the black cheek area...

FullSizeRender%208_zpsa4whia2p.jpg

FullSizeRender%2010_zps20eegyyp.jpg

and the rangefinder topper with the perspex block and view finder...

FullSizeRender%2042_zps3hc2eok4.jpg

FullSizeRender%2044_zpshdbw7j7b.jpg

and the very subtle yellow stains/over spray near the killstripes

FullSizeRender%2036_zpswiejfxje.jpg

Last edited:

Until my buddy with the ultra slick camera comes to take some really nice high res photo's these iphone photos are the best I could really produce :lol

FullSizeRender%2026_zpsrnmmnjee.jpg

FullSizeRender%2021_zpsizwehid7.jpg

FullSizeRender%2046_zpszoohqil6.jpg

FullSizeRender%2034_zpsf1ic9dff.jpg

FullSizeRender%2060_zpsceosniyj.jpg

FullSizeRender%2036_zpswiejfxje.jpg

FullSizeRender%2052_zpsrk84hbzy.jpg

FullSizeRender%2048_zpst7ofxecd.jpg

FullSizeRender%2056_zpsytvo492t.jpg

FullSizeRender%2018_zpskpl7uk5g.jpg

FullSizeRender%2054_zpsqk1vd0pi.jpg

FullSizeRender (20).jpg FullSizeRender (31).jpg FullSizeRender (60).jpg

FullSizeRender (35).jpg FullSizeRender (52).jpg FullSizeRender (58).jpg

FullSizeRender (56).jpg FullSizeRender (18).jpg FullSizeRender (54).jpg

FullSizeRender (26).jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (20).jpg
    FullSizeRender (20).jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 104
  • FullSizeRender (31).jpg
    FullSizeRender (31).jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 92
  • FullSizeRender (60).jpg
    FullSizeRender (60).jpg
    959.7 KB · Views: 92
  • FullSizeRender (35).jpg
    FullSizeRender (35).jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 81
  • FullSizeRender (52).jpg
    FullSizeRender (52).jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 82
  • FullSizeRender (58).jpg
    FullSizeRender (58).jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 84
  • FullSizeRender (56).jpg
    FullSizeRender (56).jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 90
  • FullSizeRender (18).jpg
    FullSizeRender (18).jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 90
  • FullSizeRender (54).jpg
    FullSizeRender (54).jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 86
  • FullSizeRender (26).jpg
    FullSizeRender (26).jpg
    581 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back