New guy with more DL-44 Builds

Bradberry00

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,

I am a new guy here and I am glad I found this place. I am in the process of building a nearly complete collection of DL-44 Blasters. I am waiting for the new Boba Debt ROTJ parts run, the Dark Energy ANH Hero run and some other odds and ends to finish a Greedo Killer and Bespin Luke. While I patiently wait, I started shaping this Denix for my Bespin (flash hider from Boba Debt) and wanted to share some of my progress. There are so many great builds happening on this forum that it is a bit humbling, but I hope some of my builds can look as good.

IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0273.JPG

-david

Last edited:
Re: New guy with another DL-44 Build

I never get tired of Dl-44 builds. Welcome to the RPF. It's a ton of fun but your wallet will never forgive you lol. The Bespin is looking good so far. Happy building!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, this little obsession to have them all has loosened my pocket book.....

Did some more work to the "Luke" Bespin over the past few days...Accurized the Denix a bit more by filling and sanding. Also converted my cheap drill press into a mill to mill all the recesses and the bolt. Drilled out the safety like the Mauser Luke's blaster was built on. And started bluing the upper and aging the flash hider.

It isn't perfect but its getting more and more convincing. When my scope comes (pre ordered a Dark Energy M19) I will start making the scope mount.

IMG_0278.jpg IMG_0283.jpg IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0286.jpg IMG_0285.jpg IMG_0280.jpg

Nice job! What did you use to cut the extractor and do the milling with your drill press?

Did you just use an actual end mill in your chuck, or what?

Yes, end mill chucked up with a cheap harbor freight mill vise. It isn't perfect and it "jumped" a couple times and wobbled a little more than I would have liked. But worked for the most part.

Nice work! What size end mill didja use?

Anyone know where I can get a somewhat convincing Bespin thumbscrew for the scope bracket?

quick update:

Got the M19 replica from Dark Energy Creations today, can't wait to start painting it! I also fit some reproduction wood grips to the Denix, just need to reshape the metal on the bottom.

Has anyone had luck filling all the pin holes on a Denix, it is the last real giveaway on this build.

IMG_0381.jpg

Last edited:

It should be possible to fill the pin holes with solder/pewter using a flux and a mini torch, but I would strongly recommend practising first :D

You would need to apply flux in the pin hole, carefully heat it up, and then apply a tiny piece of solder/pewter (also covered in flux) and melt it in place... I've fixed a couple of holes in my PKD this way....

BUT!!!! Practise first :thumbsup

The finish on that denix is beautiful!
Buch - will the fillings take the bluing? Just curious because I'd love to try it myself! I don't know much about metals.

Last edited by a moderator:

It should be possible to fill the pin holes with solder/pewter using a flux and a mini torch, but I would strongly recommend practising first :D

You would need to apply flux in the pin hole, carefully heat it up, and then apply a tiny piece of solder/pewter (also covered in flux) and melt it in place... I've fixed a couple of holes in my PKD this way....

BUT!!!! Practise first :thumbsup

I may need to play around with this idea. I also noticed, while filling the gaps in the Denix created by the reproduction grips, that quick set JB Weld is nearly the same color as the Aluminum Black finish. So, this could also be an option.

- - - Updated - - -

The finish on that denix is beautiful!
@Buch - will the fillings take the bluing? Just curious because I'd love to try it myself! I don't know much about metals.

Thanks Egon!

The difference between the Denix I have been working on and this stock Denix, soon to be Greedo Killer, is quite dramatic!

IMG_0387.jpg

You need to file that protruding firing pin flat against the bolt!

Looking great!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back