Custom Star Wars Luger Blaster

DeLano80

Sr Member
I am a big fan of the weapons of Star Wars and I have wanted to make my own version for a long time. I got a We-Tech 6" Luger that I thought would be great for this project. I had not seen one done before.... Probably because I never actually looked. Of course it has been done before! I am not original! :)

Well then Jyn Erso came out. So now we officially have a Star Wars Luger. I started this a few months ago and come back to it when time allows. My goal was/is to make a blaster that would look natural in the Star Wars universe. I plan on using elements from known weapons to make something different that fits. I will show my progress thus far.

I forgot to take before pictures so I lifted these stock photos from evike.com.
1_zpsxllhlnfi.jpg
2_zpsvizuwgpb.jpg
3_zpsem2hl3xl.jpg

Just stock photos there, but a very good representation of what I received. I think you will agree that it looks way to new. So like all of you DL-44 builders, I will take this thing apart, strip the black paint paint off and blue it. I want it to look like a used WW2 Luger. Going to have to do something about those black plastic grips.

So there is a lot of parts in this thing. I don't have pictures of all the internals, but there is a bunch!
After some time with paint stripper and a wire wheel, we get this:

4_zpsamiyz7y8.jpg

Pretty shiny.
5_zpskzouvpfl.jpg

Wow, my pictures suck! Sorry about that.

Again, there is a lot in this gun. These are just the pictures of the parts I needed to refinish. Reminds me of the time I fixed the lawnmower. When I put it back together, I had pieces left over. It still worked though. I want this to still be a functioning airsoft gun. So that will limit what I can do with it. I did design a scope mount for it and there is not much to mount it to. Oddly enough, the mount I designed (before I saw Eros's gun) looks very much like Erso's. I think because there is really not much in the way of a place to put a mounting bracket, unlike the C96 for comparison that has enough room to mount a Mack truck on it if you were so inclined.

I intend on putting a real scope, flash hider, and bull barrel on this gun. Also replace the grips with wood ones. Like I said, a mash-up of everything built onto a Luger. So you will see no original ideas from me! Just using what has been done before.

We will see if it comes out like I see it in my head.

I will add more pics later if anyone cares or even if you don't...

Last edited:
and the brackets I designed for it in the formed and flat patterns. Will be made from 11 guage mild steel. As you can see, very much like Erso's. It is amusing how the design is so similar even though I did this before seeing Erso's gun. After taking it all apart, I saw there really is no other way to make a bracket for it.

1a_zpsirm33s04.png

1-1_zps7fqdovbt.png

2a_zpsxnv7mv9d.png

2-2_zpsghhcytep.png

The scope will be on the right side of the gun like Solo's.
Assembled like this:
3a_zps3m6rxwot.png

Here they are laser cut, bent, tapped and blued.
Fist pic before blueing, second is after. The other parts holes look a little rough. The laser has a hard time cutting a hole that is smaller in diameter than the thickness of the part. So it was just pierced and followed up with a hand drill. I will be filling the holes with 4-40 button head screws.
11_zpstrg6iepl.jpg

13_zpsusfmylag.jpg

14_zpsrfuvtqz7.jpg

Big fan of that scope and the side bracket! the brass tip and windage knobs have blaster written all over it!

Some more bracket pics.
a_zpszfr6652u.jpg

b_zpshzbblf8w.jpg
d_zps7cdbsby6.jpg

c_zpske3gzjfk.jpg

I am actually almost done with this. I have received the antenna greeblies from Todds costumes as well as a beautiful flash hider Boba Debt that seems sacrilegious to drill and tap like the ANH flash but I am going for similarities so.... oh, well..... Oh, the wood grips should be here soon. Just hope I can get them to fit.

That looks so good. Where did you get the laser cutting and bending done?

Edit: oh yeah , I snagged one of Boba Debt's flash hiders too. It's so nice it feels like a shame to weather it at all.

That looks so good. Where did you get the laser cutting and bending done?.

Thanks!
At work. I unfortunately work for a machine shop that makes airplane parts... I hate airplane parts. But we are a full machine shop so that has benefits. I do the modelling for them.

Last edited:
Gun blued, weathered and put back together:
IMG_0949_zps6imnfrxt.jpg

IMG_0950_zps5t5xutm6.jpg
IMG_0952_zpsivi6cqol.jpg

Hmmm. I hope it works.

And I cant believe I destroyed this perfectly good Boba Debt flash hider!!!! I really did not enjoy drilling into this. Oh, and it is not that shiny in real life, my photo skills are just that awful.
IMG_0945_zpssi0mhq8p.jpg
IMG_0946_zpswdjmjhzu.jpg

Bull barrel and antenna greeblies:

IMG_0947_zpsdhibqogt.jpg

Thank you. However, I screwed up my wood grips... Or actually I could not get them to fit. The outside profile isn't right. I will post pics of it with the black grips and will let you guys tell me how you think I should proceed.

I will let this stew for a bit. I am disappointed I screwed up the wood grips. Any ideas other than paint to weather the plastic ones? Do you think they look ok? Everything works and fits well. The bull barrel is the size it is because it has to be able to retract into the frame. I think it all works together ok. I would appreciate your questions, comments, criticisms, or ideas.
1%201_zpshz3xmzc7.jpg
1%202_zps1ij5czic.jpg
1%204_zpsqmzte4l8.jpg
1%205_zps9pwh5wer.jpg

1%206_zpsgpo8uexj.jpg
[/IMG]
1%207_zpsiezpdxmb.jpg
1%208_zpsrn1s06ja.jpg
1%209_zpsucxlpaz8.jpg
1%2010_zpsrfpcmogo.jpg
1%2011_zpsv9yofxfs.jpg
1%2012_zpszt7kwdli.jpg

Again constructive or de-constructive criticism welcome.

Well done!
The Weaver scope looks a tad large from certain angles and perfect from other angles. So I think it is just fine in the end.
All in all, it has a very Star Wars "feel" which in the most important part!!!

I think it looks awesome! The only thing I would've done differently is use something else for the flash hider. Maybe the grease gun flash hider?

Aside from that, this sucker fits right into the Star Wars universe. You did a wonderful job, and you should be proud!

Now make a holster and gun belt for it!! [emoji2]

I like the 'feel' of the piece but I don't ultimately agree with the final design, sorry to say.:unsure

I like the scope and the scope bracket, but I think you need a bigger base gun for it to all tie together. The bull barrel, flash hider, and scope just look really out of proportion to the gun body, itself.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back