LIFE (Post-release)

Yeah, to all that. Also, they should have had a 3-passenger Soyuz still attached to get them back to Earth, no such thing as a single passenger escape pod that I've ever heard of.

Just gkt out of the theater, overall enjoyed it, fits with this pseudo realistic sci-fi we've had lately (The Martian, Arrival). I thought the plot was pretty obvious and didn't care for the alien POV shots. Love the multinational crew, as well as the zero G environments, thought that was well done and had me wondering how they did it.

Just gkt out of the theater, overall enjoyed it, fits with this pseudo realistic sci-fi we've had lately (The Martian, Arrival). I thought the plot was pretty obvious and didn't care for the alien POV shots. Love the multinational crew, as well as the zero G environments, thought that was well done and had me wondering how they did it.

I thought the zero-g shots looked like harness and cables. You could almost see the lumpiness under their suits, and by the way the actors were "jackknifed" (for lack of a better term) at the hips when they were supposed to be free floating.

I'm sure you're correct, I just thought it was done well enough that I really stopped thinking about it/noticing and just believed their movements. I think the big question is how they got some of the shots in seemingly tight corridors and tunnels, but I'm willing to bet there was some CGI trickery with open top sets

I agree, the zero-g effects did look good, especially going through tunnels and corridors like you said. And for all we know, those tunnels could have only been the bottom half and the top added during post, again like you mentioned about CGI.

Late to the party, but I enjoyed this. Good suspense, Jim's spot on with the "huh, that's not right" stuff, but some fun twists and ending. I was somewhat confused by the in universe rules pertaining to Calvin. To be honest he was pretty much capable of anything. I want to watch it again and this time root for Calvin like he was a superhero. :) I agree it was harness work but it was pretty seamless. Impressive opening what, 10min almost, was a edited to look like a continuous shot.

LIFE (2017)

Couldn't find a thread for this one. Flew under my radar, just watched it last night on demand. I thought it was a great film. Obvious Alien influences but I thought it was very well done.

Not going to post any more than that, I'll just say if you like Alien, chances are good you will like this movie. Go check it out!

IMG_8212.JPG

Re: LIFE (2017)

Better ALIEN movie than Covenant, though it of course owes much to the original. It's funny that you could basically replace the evolution of Calvin with the different Xeno life stages and it would totally work.

Just watched this. Pretty intense. Alien design was pretty cool. But was too many problems after that. I knew that at the end when the one pod landed in the water, the way the shots were filmed of the fisher men, you knew something was wrong. I thought maybe there was a second alien, but then my fiance was like, I bet his pod is the one that went to earth. I guess they could do some ideas for a part 2, but it would just be a monster killing people on earth. So really best not to do that.

I dug the twist ending. Wasn't expecting it at all. I liked how I had just watched 2 hours of ALIEN meets Gravity then suddenly *Blammo!* - it's The Twilight Zone!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back