War machine mkIII foam files?

Gizamoe

I've been trying to find the new war machine mk3 foam files for pepakura can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought some really accurate foam files from MaxCrft on his etsy store, check out my build thread for it if you want an idea on how the build will look

Yes I love the civil war build mind me asking you where you got it and what size foam you used?

Yes I love the civil war build mind me asking you where you got it and what size foam you used?

like I said, MaxCrft on his etsy shop which you can search and find. I use an 8mm thick foam(the interlocking foam mats from Lowes) its a pretty sturdy foam thickness that holds up pretty well

So I just purchased war machine mk3 foam build and I noticed the full body scale is different from the individual scales my question is if I make the full body scale my size 6'2 instead of 5'9 should I just add the difference to the individual scales or make them all the same scale value as the full body model?

Glad you managed to get the files you sought,Giz :thumbsup
I personally would probably resize to fit the model AND check what it does to each of YOUR measurements (I made a standard list for myself for all the different dimensions for each part of the body that would need scaling).If you're not satisfied after rescaling the rest to the model and checking everything,modify them to meet your demands.That's what I personally would do.Make sure to save a copy of these files from BEFORE altering scale,so you can go back to the original when disappointed with the rescaling results.

a3633b311bd8268e23dc234d34f3b071.jpg
bfdf6ee5d87bd33e166ec48c837dfac2.jpg
794530b88a7465426cff5c20495d5fe8.jpg
b0814ef1f0a107c444f1c39b57a6e350.jpg
aa13f7c2bb99202e197a2fdffcc3b028.jpg

I think I need work on foam lol tell me what you guys think don't be afraid to criticize I need it this stuff just seems more difficult that paper lol

I would redo these armor pieces you made.Take your time to glue and cut,keep the 3D model open in Pepakura as a reference as you build it.Foam can always be re-cut and recycled for new projects.
Keep faith and keep trying.

I think my disconnect is putting two pieces together that are at an angle. Do I cut both pieces to compensate or one etc

Also the next boot I'm trying it with is the floor mat foam instead of the 6mm craft foam and seeing if I get a different result

I would look at the picture/3D model and see what the angle looks like; for 45 degrees you could give the edge of one of the pieces a 45 angle cut and leave the other one as it is.For angles that are 90 degrees or more you should angle-cut both edges of both pieces.
Also,try to allign the outside of both pieces you try to glue.Definitely looks better.

Yeah I think that was my problem I was cutting both with angles so it wasn't sitting right and I need to get better with "levels"

Alright das boot what do you guys think about round 2?
5263eb0848d293f390a61bbc1f0a0f83.jpg
e4daad55d80801763fcd04299df12f05.jpg
09eb527bcc492a6882079799d611fcf1.jpg

Still a few glueing issues to solve but I think way better than the first

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back