The Cloverfield Paradox (Post-release)

Re: God Particle (Cloverfield Universe)

So another, "not a sequel" but "related" movie that we add some loose tie in to Cloverfield?

But look at this cast!

Selma star David Oyelowo and Beyond the Lights breakout Gugu Mbatha-Raw (who also co-stars in the stellar new Black Mirror episode “San Junipero”) lead a cast that also includes Ziyi Zhang, Elizabeth Debicki, Daniel Brühl, and Chris O’Dowd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe it's just me but I don't get how Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield lane were connected, one dealt with some sort of giant kaiju like monster that went on a rampage and the other dealt with some sort of alien invasion. Were these supposed to be related events, with them both happening at roughly the same time and the Cloverfield monster originating from or as a result of the alien invasion?

i would love super 8 to be some how connected, i love that movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Cloverfield movie (not titled God Particle anymore) is still scheduled for February 2, 2018. So about 44 days to go.

Still no trailers or teasers. I love this marketing approach.

I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane very much and I can't wait to be surprised by this. The next film by Paramount Pictures is Downsizing, which is releasing this Friday. So I am hoping a teaser will be attached to it.

Maybe it's just me but I don't get how Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield lane were connected, one dealt with some sort of giant kaiju like monster that went on a rampage and the other dealt with some sort of alien invasion. Were these supposed to be related events, with them both happening at roughly the same time and the Cloverfield monster originating from or as a result of the alien invasion?

I'm with you. I never made that connection either. I can appreciate J.J. Abrams being a little secretive, but now he's moving to elitist mode where the only one who knows what's going on is him and it's up to everybody else to figure it out while he sits back and laughs because, you know, he's an artist and he's complicated. :facepalm

I swear I read somewhere that Cloverfield is just used as an umbrella title for sci-fi projects, like the Twilight Zone.

There was just a trailer for this during the Super Bowl, and I'm now seeing it's supposed to be available on Netflix as soon as the game is over!

Wow! That was REALLY terrible! Really REALLY terrible! Derivative, dull, badly written, illogical nonsense. And apart from 2 bizarrely irrelevant seconds absolutely nothing to do with Cloverfield at all as far as I could see. What a dismal waste of time and money.

It had the blueprints to be solid...but just...wasn't...at all.

Once they'd established that their experiment could basically break reality, it's like they felt no need to have story elements that made any sense at all. Like the station suddenly sucking that guy's arm into it, the worms reappearing where they did, the compass thing...it all just didn't make any sense.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back