The Cloverfield Paradox (Post-release)

There are differences and similarities when you sync them up. The collider/monster appears at 18:20. However at 18:20 one movie gets better, the other gets worse.

I dont really understand how the Earth in this is supposed to br the same Earth as in Cloverfield when the monster attacks. In the original, theres no mention of Earth being low on power, or in the future, or anything like that, its just presumed to be modern day. But this Earth in Paradox is clearly not modern day.

Also, whos gonna make one of those 3d printed guns?

I dont really
understand how the Earth in this is supposed to br the same Earth as in Cloverfield when the monster attacks. In the original, theres no mention of Earth being low on power, or in the future, or anything like that, its just presumed to be modern day. But this Earth in Paradox is clearly not modern day.

Its not the same earth .

When they set off the Shepard it popped a hole into the universe like a gunshot through a series of balloons .

Each balloon represents a different version or universe of earth.

Some are at the same point with slight differences , like one different person on the space station as in the movie .
Some are less advanced or possibly slightly younger , hence the WW2 movie coming up.

Think the movie The One with jet Lee .

The device effected multiple universes like jet Lee did when he killed all the other hims in the various versions of earth .

The 3d gun was fine .

But the bullets ??
He printed gun powder ?
Or what ?????

I dont really understand how the Earth in this is supposed to br the same Earth as in Cloverfield when the monster attacks. In the original, theres no mention of Earth being low on power, or in the future, or anything like that, its just presumed to be modern day. But this Earth in Paradox is clearly not modern day.

SCIENCE!!!!

Didn't you catch that painfully forced bit of exposition in which the guy on the news just tells you everything you need to know. Here is the exact quote:

Reporter: Why do you think this generator is bad?
Man: IT'LL OPEN UP THE SPACE TIME CONTINUUM AND IT'LL MAKE MONSTERS EXIST AND CREATE A BUNCH OF TIMELINES WHERE THERE'RE A TON OF DIFFERENT EARTHS AND MAYBE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT MONSTERS AND TIME DOESN'T REALLY MATTER (AND NEITHER DOES CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT)

The last part wasn't directly said, but it was implied.

Ok so that Cloverfield monster at the end wasnt the SAME Cloverfield monster or city from the first film, just an ALTERNATE one. OOkkkkaaayyyy

As for the gun, I assumed it used compressed air or something, not gunpowder.

Last edited:
I figured compressed air as well BUT it did seem to just print them complete and in magazine .
I already threw all disbelief let alone suspension of it .

I went in expecting ridiculousness because of the cobbled together scripts , and was surprised it worked as well as it did !

I supposed I expected to little .

Hell the movie even explains TLJ , Lost, star trek and where the 8mm monster came from !
it rippled that far apparently !

I can see why this didn't get a theatrical release, but I didn't think it was that bad. Entertaining enough if you've got some time to kill.

Just learned that this was meant to be a different film and they knew that it would flop in wide release so they attached the Cloverfield name and dumped it on Netflix. This is not a great way to build a brand/franchise. Horrible film.

Just learned that this was meant to be a different film and they knew that it would flop in wide release so they attached the Cloverfield name and dumped it on Netflix. This is not a great way to build a brand/franchise. Horrible film.

Yup.
"This film was before release confirmed to be the third installment of J.J. Abrams' Cloverfield series. However, it was first supposed to be a movie of its own called God Particle in which, during a war against Russia, a group of American astronauts find themselves at stake when they come upon the fact that Earth has disappeared and that a Russian ship is trying to make contact with them."

The same thing happened with 10 Cloverfield Lane. It was originally another movie and slightly modified to fit the Cloverfield story...which it didn't! :lol

Yup. JJ is a lazy opportunist whose ready to recycle a crappy movie and Make it his own next opus. :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this is enough to tank the franchise, but I've heard there is another theatrical release coming under the Cloverfield brand. It just bugs me so much that they'd take these movies that have nothing to do with the original and just slap a name on it, stick a monster in it, and give it the JJ marketing buzz just to get people to watch it. It's sloppy. It's lazy. And it's just capitalizing off of the success of the original.

I am a HUGE cloverfield fan. I finally got to see paradox just now, huge blizzard, my sister got her Netflix working for me on my tv. So I sat down and watched it..

It was amazing how well the sets and Props were put together.

Even the actors/actresses were great

But the story... like previously posted, event horizon is exactly how it felt!

The arm by itself.... yeah even for alternate universe it comes off weird

Did laugh with the big fight between chicks at the end, while the hand was doing that impatient finger tap in the cage lol

So the Russian, what ever happened to him? It seemed that he got taken control by something? In this universe is the Russian The one who betrays the team? I just didn’t follow that part at all...

He’s going green goblin in the mirror then 3d prints a gun?

But the space suits amazing.. the effects amazing, loved the Philadelphia experiment with the arm stuck in the wall, along with the woman...

Kinda sucked they ripped off alien at the end... I was saying the whole time “please don’t do this.... please don’t do this... yup they did it...”

Even though I love the original, 10 cloverfield lane is my favorite... I have a obsession with fall out shelters/bunkers, loved john Goodman and the whole psych out..

Curious to see what we get in October? Call of duty nazi zombies rip off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I could not see what this third part was adding to the plot and storyline of the Cloverfield sequel. The plot was ridiculous, cheap and cheesy. Had the feeling i was watching the retarded first draft version of Alien, Gravity, Interstellar and Moon together at once.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back