The Cloverfield Paradox (Post-release)

Just watched it. I didn't mind it to much. Story was so, so. Loved the sets. (probably most of their budget right there). Tied the first two films together pretty good.

I remember reading that the original Cloverfield monster was supposed to be a baby. The one at the end of this film looked enormous so maybe an adult?

Just watched it, thought it was pretty good. Some weird 'Event Horizon' type stuff but it was other dimensions at play. Who knows how many dimensions. That's why some of the WTF moments were okay with me. I think one of the characters even said "None of the rules apply anymore" or something to that effect. Loved the costumes and sets.

I guess in the entertainment multiverse there are a million slightly different versions of this movie, almost but not quite,identical to the rest.
Which is why there was nothing in this movie I felt I hadn't watched a thousand times over before. No wonder Paramount sold this to netflix. It was so sci- fi space station crew dying by numbers, you could almost have painted the plot with your eyes closed. Not a terrible film but a terribly boring one.
It seems to me these days there is just too much of the same kind of sci fi/ fantasy/ thriller/serial killer movie/ TV series being churned out like cardboard boxes . Cloned entertainment. At some point the viewer market is just going to collapse through disinterest.

Oh my...I just finished it. I can absolutely see why this went to Netflix. Mainly because the SyFy Channel probably passed on it...

I thought it was alright.

I feel like Life (2017) is a much better version of this movie, but that leans more towards Alien than Cloverfield. No paradoxes or reality bending, but very nice sets and space scenery.

So I read today that if you sync up Cloverfield and The Cloverfield Paradox, the monster from the first film is first heard at the exact same moment that they fire the particle accelerator in Paradox.

I guess thats kinda cool.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was just OK for me. You get the feeling that between this and 10 Cloverfield Lane that they'd of been better off actually writing and producing real sequels. Taking films not intended to be connected to cloverfield, and then just adding a few things here and there just seems odd.

From what I've read Paramount only sold this to netflix because it made the film instantly profitable (by 10 million bucks) after reshoots and such the film got pretty expensive.

So, a fourth film in the series is going to be released in theaters. It's set in World War 2. They're calling it "Overlord" for now. It stars Kurt Russell's son Wyatt.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...to-release-4th-cloverfield-movie-theatrically

What an absolute trash-heap. I swear they just threw a bunch of horror ideas into a blender and then stitched some horrible, unoriginal sci-fi techno-jargon together to try and make the Cloverfield cinematic universe fit together.

"Dur if they start that machine it'll uh make the time go different and holes will be in space hur dur!" <-- Actual Cloverfield Paradox script.

Yeah, it was just OK for me. You get the feeling that between this and 10 Cloverfield Lane that they'd of been better off actually writing and producing real sequels. Taking films not intended to be connected to cloverfield, and then just adding a few things here and there just seems odd.

Because JJ is a very talented cameraman who is lazy as **** when it comes to virtually anything else about film making, especially the writing. He is always 100% willing to do the easiest and most convenient thing possible.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back