Need help sourcing missing B-Wing parts

major payne

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster here in the modelling threads. Over the past few years, I have bought a few kits off here, and through other mediums here in Australia, in the hopes of one day have the time to work on them. Basically when I have bought them, they were labeled and shelved for when I have time to start them, (which is never :p ). Anyway, to cut a ridiculously long and boring story short, I have finally decided to start an F&M Models B-wing kit, which I got some time ago, only to lay the parts out and realise that the 2 secondary wing gunpods are missing. There is also no decals for the kit, which I understand was never released with the kit.

So what I am asking is, does anyone know a way of me getting replacement gunpods? Or what the real parts were so I can kitbash it? And anyone have any decal sheets available?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Re: Need help souring missing B-Wing parts

Do you mean the S-foil gun pod fairings or the 'guts' inside them - or both?

If the fairings, I believe they were sourced from an A-4 Skyhawk kit, from the engine intake fuselage contours probably from a 1/48 scale kit.
R/ Robert

bwing.png

Thanks for the lead, I'll check it out.
Here's a pic I found on the net, I'm just after the cover part, I have the gun and all the internals.

Thanks for the lead, I'll check it out.
Here's a pic I found on the net, I'm just after the cover part, I have the gun and all the internals.
Just checked a 1/48 kit (Monogram A-4) against my plans printed out at 1/48 scale (aka 2/3 original model) and perfect match. Requires surgery to trim to the correct shape, but it sure explains why I thought there was an asymetry to the the covers...

R/ Robert

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back