First Ever Build: Kamen Rider Brave

NaotoKozuki

After years of popping in and out of the forms of the rpf out of interest of the hobby I finally decided to make a post and share my first build. Over a good bit of searching these here forums for kamen rider builds they are few and far between so I thought id take a crack at it with my favorite new design of the latest series.

Kamen Rider Brave Another_Tensai_wa_NO_THANKYOU.png
After a couple hours of reference hunting and a couple of minutes of sketching I decided Id started with the helmet. Now I thought the easiest way to go about this would be to see if anyone had made up a pepakura of the helmet no one seems to have had by my search so i decided i might as well take this opportunity to learn the basics of blender and do it myself.
View attachment brave.jpg
So I sketched up a front and side view from some blurry screen grabs I took and began cramming a full day of youtube tutorials for blender into my brain to what i have to say is a pretty good out come for a first time 3d modeler.
dfh - Copy.PNGghgh.PNGujtj.PNGyukgf.PNG
At this point Iv thrown it in to Pep Designer and spent the last 2-3 days putting it together and throwing a couple coats of resin on the thing.
IMG_0551.JPGIMG_0549.JPG
With a week of on and off work im fairly happy so far but im feeling that im going to have to cut off the ear bits and build them from something else or remodel them to look exactly how I want. Iv done a good bit of research on how to go about finishing the helmet and such but im fully open to suggestions, Tips and the such I highly welcome it as I go about building the rest of the costume.

Last edited:
Redid the entire model and getting back to this.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    758.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    597.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    592.1 KB · Views: 178
  • hfhfgh.PNG
    hfhfgh.PNG
    19.6 KB · Views: 214
Keep at it! Great start. As someone who is also doing their first big build, you may feel broken down near the start like you want to give up and can't do it, but still keep to it and as soon as you get to the stage where you have the whole costume on for the first time... words cannot describe the joy :)

Last edited:
Wow! Been trying to hunt down more and more Kamen Rider stuff lately and holy cow is this build cool! Been plowing through this new season and have loved every second of it. Cheesy Tokusatsu goodness.

I really appreciate all the well wishes on this build with the holidays coming to a end I can blow some more time into this and start designing the chest piece and such.
But until then I got some update pics.
IMG_0571.jpgIMG_0572.jpgIMG_0573.jpgIMG_0574.jpgIMG_0575.jpgIMG_0577.jpg

Ohhhh boy its been a while.

Updates: Have modeled the Chest piece, shoulders and back face plate.

2115.PNG2116.PNG2117.PNG

Iv gotten a start on the chest piece and am redoing the comb? thing for the top of the helm to better match the references I have.Plus the helm is at a point of as good as Im gonna get it for now.

IMG_0674.JPGIMG_0673.JPGIMG_0675.JPGIMG_0676.JPGIMG_0677.JPGIMG_0679.JPGIMG_0681.JPGIMG_0680.JPGIMG_0682.JPG

Dude that's awesome and looking great! I've been meaning to get around to learning Blender, but I've been getting suckered into studying for my CCENT certs instead...

About how long did it take you to learn to model all that?

Glad to see you back at it. Like myself, no doubt the holidays and the like slowed you down. I also had a good month at least where nothing was done, but soon as you pick up, you'll soon be building up speed till the end. Good luck.

Woooo Progress slow slow progress! Iv added more work to this build by deciding to not only build the basic outfit of this suit but also work on the Drago Knight Hunter Z bits as well because Im truly enjoying this process far more then I expected.

20170428124104.jpg

IMG_0687.JPGIMG_0688.JPGIMG_0691.JPGIMG_0692.JPG

Oh boy late up date on this build. Tried my hand at a bit of foam work for some smaller parts of the costume.
IMG_0711.JPG
This is all of the pieces i have fully painted up. Not much progress but still progress.

sanding and filling pep projects is a pain but your doing a great job, as for progress dont sacrifice finish for speed

sanding and filling pep projects is a pain but your doing a great job, as for progress dont sacrifice finish for speed
Oh yea it can be a pain and Thanks but no worries I dont plan to rush this the build itself is just an excuse for me to learn a bunch of different things.

So first big ****ing up has happened But It was a solid learning experience and I learned a LOT.

First off what in my mind convinced me to try and make a glove mold whit how this helmet is shaped i should of went with a two part but eh.

IMG_0736.JPG
So as you may expect things didnt go well
DMER7408.JPG

yea it ripped super badly and nearly in half but I'm stubborn and was gonna get something out of my time even if it involved more work I was gonna do it.

IMG_0740.JPG

So things kinda worked out i got a fairly nice cast and learned how not to do this next time all things considered I happy.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back