2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

I'm glad you like it! It's my own personal model, and I believe one of the more accurate ones out there. If you need any assembly tips, let me know!

Thank you sir, that makes it even better! Man I love the RPF. I saw your build, looks amazing. Definitely looking forward to getting a start on this ASAP! I may bug you for info when I get started and will provide pics as well. Thanks again!!

List updated! Some absolutely fantastic gifts!!!

@Striker @Spare Ribs @VaderKLI @Skaught @frosty @ooSuperman23 @majormalfuntion @IamCaseyJones @Ash

I don't have you guys marked as shipped. I may have missed, but please give me an update!

I don't know why I always procrastinate until the last minute, because as usual things didn't go as smoothly as I thought they would. Long story short I wasn't able to make it the post office yesterday as planned, but I just got back from dropping the package off, so you can finally mark me as shipped :D I shipped it via Priority Mail, and according to the USPS website the deadline for Priority Mail to arrive before Christmas is tomorrow (the 21st), so hopefully nothing will go wrong during transit and it will arrive on the 23rd like it's supposed to
praying.gif

Oh and I helped my brother (@IamCaseyJones) package up his recipient's gifts last night as well (mainly to make sure he actually did it :lol), and he just texted me letting me know that he dropped his off today as well. He also thinks he received his gift (he hasn't opened it yet though), as he received a package from Etsy that he didn't order. I told him he needed to post in the thread to let everyone know, and he said he would make sure to post when he got home later tonight.

I still haven't received my gift, but I'm hoping my Secret Santa was just procrastinating like me and that it will still be arriving before Christmas
praying.gif

I'm super excited to be participating in the secret Santa for my first time this year! I got my gift already I'm gonna wait until Christmas Eve to open it I just sent out my gift today with expedited shipping so it should get there before Christmas! I really hope they like everything! This is a lot of fun! I already can't wait for next year lol

Shout out to my big bro ooSuperman23 for getting me on here and helping me package everything and giving me alil something to add to my gifts for my recipient!

I have been following the tracking on the SS gift I sent a while ago and the most recent update is 'Parcel is handled' - a few too many times if you ask me :$
Have contacted the shipping company and they assured me its still on its way, regardless of the tracking info not being updated yet.

It's Away!!! I finally recovered enough to get my package out in the mail. I was going to send it out with my wife on Monday then she woke up with my cold. A early Christmas Present for her. I made it down to the Post office and it is now on the way. Had to pay for [priority shipping. It is due to arrive on Christmas Eve. Cutting it a little close this year but, it will still be there before Christmas.

Excellent Gifts so far Santas.

Mark me down as received.

To my secret santa, I'm going to wait until Christmas morning if that is ok with you. Thank heaven you had the RPF card on top of the packing peanuts cause I was expecting something else and thought it was it. Will post a proper thank you after opening but thank you, very excited.

Alright, only person left to ship is Ash

I've been in contact with Ash, turns out it's my bad as I didn't get him the address. :facepalm

Let me know when it's sent out! Great job everyone. Hopefully we get a lot more "received" posts in the next couple days!

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael-

Message received. I promise that I will not be the reason we have a "bad Santa". My receiver most likely won't receive their gift until a bit after Christmas due to shipping times this late in the game, but I assure you the gift will arrive. Will be shipping out within the next couple days factoring in the holidays.

-Ash

Yeah Ash now the rest is in the hands of the Postal system. Again... Knock on wood. Turn around three times and spit. All fingers cossed. Adding in toes and eyes crossed sa llew.

:eekCould this be the year we have no bad santas? Knock on wood. Turn around three times and spit. All fingers crossed. :$
One person went missing. I hope they are a jerk or that the government took him to a secret base to help protect us from an alien invasion and not in a hospital or worse.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

So there I am at work minding my own business when my wife texts me this picture. Yay, my package arrived!

IMG_2136.jpg

About 5 minutes later, she called me and asked me if she could open it because she couldn't wait to see what I got. I obviously said no and told her I was waiting until Christmas to open it. She responded by telling me that if I didn't open it as soon as I got home she would. So I raced home and we compromised: I opened it as soon as I got home.

I found this note inside.

IMG_2137.jpg

After reading the note, look what I found inside!

IMG_2139.jpg

The Leap of Faith painting aged on wood and mounted on an awesome wood background. I did Christmas with my parent's side of the family this last weekend and I must say, this is the best and most meaningful gift I have received this year. Thanks Secret Santa! This is going in my office at work. It's going to be a wonderful piece to add to the collection.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 162
One person went missing. I hope they are a jerk or that the government took him to a secret base to help protect us from an alien invasion and not in a hospital or worse.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

What I mean by bad santa was that technically if all goes well Michael won't have to chase anyone down and put the clamps on them. That particular incident of the missing santa I believe was taken care of allready so is technically a non issue for the event. Unlike previous years where some members were celebrating in February.

Yep, I consider a "bad" Santa to be one that just disappears. In the case of missing Santas at least they contact me before the fact and let me know they can't participate for whatever reason. It's the folks who try to rip others off that make me mad.

And awesome Indy art there! Been meaning to make one of those myself for the longest time!

I got home yesterday to find my SS gift waiting for me in a really big box.

So I opened it up and pulled out my gift, nicely wrapped, with a message, that was awesome and fitting.

IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG

So after ripping off the paper, I found an expertly crafted cardboard box
IMG_1442[1].JPG

Finally, I got myself a knife and opened up to find the shiniest plush ever!!!
IMG_1443.JPG

I've seen the product advertised before and thought it was pritty kool, but didn't have one already.

IMG_1445.JPG

It's so cool, I love it, and coincidently I was wearing an appropriat shirt. The shuttles ever come out of it. Sooo koooll. sorry for the rotated photo.

Thanks SS, from the Cap :)

Attachments

• IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 149
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back