2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

So the gifts I'm sending are one fully handmade, one half handmade, and one purchased. Although it definitely meets the $20 quota, it sort of doesn't look like it does, all three things are rather small. Should I quick try to whip something else up? I don't want to come across as stingy

Sounds like a lot of thought and work went into that set of gifts - sounds like a winner to me.

Sounds like you've thought long and hard on your gift/s. If the receiver isnt happy then they really dont get it. But by the sounds of it im sure they'll love it/them.

I just hope my receiver likes theres. :)

Personally, as a builder I know how much work goes into making something. I'm sure most others would appreciate the work put in no matter the size of the prop. I would be more than happy with a kit, doesn't have to be something built. Most people would even prefer small props because of limited space. I dunno, don't stress it.

OK, picture time!

I opened to the box to find not one, but 3 gifts!

William Shakespeare's Star Wars, a Groot coffee mug, and an Awesome Mix vol 1 cassette tape!

IMG_20161212_180516_zpskrq6h9vm.jpg

Thanks Santa!

Got my present... I opened it up and thought to myself, "It's a trap!"; a hand-painted portrait of "Admiral" Ackbar:

IMG_7816-2_zpsi4umc0uw.jpg

I can honestly say this has got to be one of the most unique and bizarre Christmas presents I've ever received. Hilarious! Thanks to my SS and a Merry Christmas to all!

Kind regards,
Indy

I have received my gift! I got home last night and found a box with this printed on the front:

IMG_9344_zpsmi54n2kq.jpg

I'm normally a patient person and I had planned to wait until Christmas to open it but then I saw this:

IMG_9345_zpsvzseqbcd.jpg

Who am I to argue with instructions? So I opened it and found this:

IMG_9347_zpshmv3eudj.jpg

I'm a big Fallout fan so I was super happy to find this inside:

IMG_9348_zpsmjq5vggl.jpg

IMG_9349_zpsct9wopdd.jpg

IMG_9351_zpsighi87rq.jpg

Each of these items has been hand crafted and I couldn't be happier. The thought and effort that went into this gift makes me feel proud to be a part of this community. The pistol has some great detail and the weathering completes the look. I plan to put some clock hands inside the bottle cap clock and hang it next to my work bench.

Thank you Secret Santa! You made my holiday a little more bright!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back