2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

As threatened/promised. There was no note saying I had to wait so I didn't.

Mysterious box. I wonder what could be in it?
secret santa 2016 1.jpg

First off: A Dredd badge with a cool backstory.
secret santa 2016 2.jpg

And a TNG phaser:
secret santa 2016 3.jpgsecret santa 2016 4.jpg

Very nice, warning note or not I'm diving straight in when mine gets here.

One thing though...... what the cool back story for the dredd badge?

Last edited:
I have my items on order. They should be here the first week of December. I am so excited to get them wrapped and sent out. I love the secret santa every year.

Waiting for prezzies to get where they are going and for everyone to show what they have been given reminds me of a quote from one of the GREATS that we have sadly lost this year.

"The suspense is terrible!..... I hope it'll last."

Sorry Mr Wilde...... Mr Wilder says it better.

Waiting for prezzies to get where they are going and for everyone to show what they have been given reminds me of a quote from one of the GREATS that we have sadly lost this year.

"The suspense is terrible!..... I hope it'll last."

Sorry Mr Wilde...... Mr Wilder says it better.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, goody ordered. Now to see if/when it will actually arrive. Especially to one of those weird foreign addresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope to have mine wrapped and shipped out to my recipient by Thursday! It's been great fun doing this! Also great to see some already arriving.

Although I must say you people are crazy/are much stronger willed than I to wait until Christmas.

Tracking info sent to Michael. What a relief. It reminds me of school when you turn in homework and you are kind of at the point where you don't care what grade you get, you are just happy it is done. But I still hope my recipient likes it.

Work dropped a crazy December schedule on me .. so did some work this weekend and got everything packed up and shipped out.
Will send over to Michael tracking information tomorrow.

As many have said .. feels good to have it out - I hope the recipient is happy with the 2016 Secret Santa Exchange !!

Hoping to get mine shipped out tomorrow. Work has been super crazy the last 5 weeks with the boss being ill, so I'm looking forward to sending it out!.

I got thrown for a loop because my recipient dropped out so I got somebody new but...I'm actually excited for the change up because I get someone with an interest and a specific prop I like so much I'm also making one for myself! The downside is, I gotta keep it under wraps so that it's a suprise.

I got mine, Micheal. My secret Santa can breathe a sigh of relief. LOL. Still putting some finishing touches on my gift but it'll be shipped by the first of next week no problem...

Hey everyone :)

I've been pretty busy the past week or two, but I've pretty much got my recipient's gifts all picked out, but I'm still not too confident in what I picked so I haven't even ordered them yet. I do already have 3 gifts to throw in with whatever else I end up getting them, and I think my recipient will really like them. I'm pretty sure just the 3 items I already have are worth more than $20, but I'm not even going to count them as part of the gift, since I technically didn't pay anything for them. It's difficult to explain how I got them without giving away what they are, but they were basically "gifts with a purchase", and I ended up with multiple sets. So I gave my brother a set of the 3 items so he could add them to his recipient's gift as well, since both of our recipient's like the movie they're related to :D

Oh and there's a chance my gift will be arriving tomorrow, as I keep getting notifications from MyUSPS saying I have a package on the way from Idaho, but there's a (small) chance it's just something I ordered online. If it is my gift I will report back tomorrow, even though I won't be opening it until Christmas Eve :unsure

OK, checking the tracking info the US Postal Service admits to accepting the package. I ended up buying something online and shipping it directly to my recipient so I hope it looks as good in person as it did online.

Hey guys! Been getting a lot of PMs as I do every year. :)

Just an FYI, I do receive them, but due to the volume I usually don't reply unless I need to. For those asking "my package shows as arrived, can you ask my recipient if they received?" I will, but not yet. I wait until Xmas time when there's a much lower amount of people that need asking. Don't worry, If a person doesn't let us know that they got their gift I assume they have unless they specifically tell me that they didn't.

However! Not saying thank you is rude, so post here when you receive! :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm keeping the first post updated with S (shipped) and R (received) after peoples names. If I haven't marked you on the list and you have let me know! :)

Darn it! I missed this this year. I always enjoy being a part of this, but I've been away from the RPF for awhile, so I forgot. I hope everyone has an enjoyable time doing this this year.

Well ive been painting in my unit today and the temperature has dropped to -6 so it better bloody dry....lol
Yep, typical english weather means ive not been able to paint anything (or even get in my workshop for that matter) so yeah I really hope it will warm up soon so I can get my gift done!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back