"GONE WITH THE WIND" Costumes Exhibit

Adam C.

Sr Member
I accidentally ran into a pretty cool Exhibition at a Mall that I was shopping at this weekend. They had dozens of Movie Costumes, (both Original and Reproduction) on display from films by Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and many others. One of my Wife's favorite films is GONE WITH THE WIND, so when I saw these particular Outfits, I had to grab my camera to show her. (Here's a few paragraphs about the Show from the Mall's website.)

NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. – The Gene London Costume Collection will be on display at Boscov’s at Sangertown Mall beginning on Saturday.

For one week, people have the opportunity to see the collection that features dozens of legendary costumes worn by beloved actors from the silver screen. Some of the biggest Hollywood designers who gave stars their signature looks will be featured in the exhibition, including Adrian, Edith Head, Elsa Schiaparelli and Bob Mackie, among others.

It will be on display in the Boscov’s mall entrance from Saturday, Oct. 23 through Saturday, Oct. 29.

Fashion shows will be held in the Boscov’s Community Auditorium Sunday, Oct. 23 at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.; Monday, Oct. 24 through Friday, Oct. 28 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.; and Saturday, Oct. 29 at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.

The exhibit, sponsored by Boscov’s, features costumes worn by Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Greta Garbo, Elizabeth Taylor and many others.

It will also feature important pieces with significance to the Mohawk Valley, such as costumes worn in legendary director John Ford’s “Drums Along the Mohawk.”

“The Golden Age of Hollywood touched movie goers the world over and gave us a magic place where dreams come true,” Gene London said. “The stars were memorable, as were the beautiful costumes they wore. I am thrilled to share my collection with you to enjoy.”

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back