Deadpool 2

Vivek

Master Member
Director Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds Part Company On ‘Deadpool 2’ | Deadline
Wow, did not expect this.

colliderfrosty: Beyond bummed Tim Miller is leaving Deadpool 2. I'd heard about all the drama between him and Ryan but thought they settled it.

colliderfrosty: Whatever the reason, Tim Miller will book a new gig asap. I'd heard a few of the studios offered him some big stuff but he wanted Deadpool 2

colliderfrost: For him to walk away after all this tells me the drama behind the scenes was just too much. This is awful news for Deadpool fans.

JamesGunn: Honestly bummed about Tim Miller leaving Deadpool. He did an amazing job with the first one; I’d like to have seen where he’d go next.

Last edited:
I didn't like the first film... I like warhead and colossus. But I can't stand Ryan reynolds. He comes off to me so arrogant... Looks like Miller feels the same way. I hope dead pool 2 bombs

I hope its more action and gore rather than another Reynolds styled comedy, too much of the same thing makes sequels bomb for trying to be the original. Setting a release date rushes production, Reynolds is in the right lane by not picking a date, rushing goes to reshoots and screws up the tone and overall pace, which also screws up a film. Kinda torn on how this will affect the sequel, I do want a different feel to the film but also want it done right

At this point it's natural for fans to pick sides and Reynolds embodies the character through and through. There is no other actor we can imagine who would do the character justice the way RR did.

And the sequel will happen without Tim Miller, whether it works tonally needs to the seen. Sequels perform better when the audience is given something new while retaining its familiarity, it's a tough balancing act.

If Miller was trying to explore the character in new ways and Reynolds wanted it to be the same, it might work for some while it will feel like a retread for others.

I was bummed out when Edgar Wright left Ant-Man, but Peyton Reed did a fantastic job and it was one of my favourite movies of 2015. So I hope the new director succeeds in the same way.

Though some acknowledge Miller's contribution, Umberto's and these other tweets are right that some fans are too quick to dismiss Miller's crucial role in the first film.

30419130711_7989476445_o.png

I didn't like the first film... I like warhead and colossus. But I can't stand Ryan reynolds. He comes off to me so arrogant... Looks like Miller feels the same way. I hope dead pool 2 bombs

I feel the same way......I did laugh at some parts of the film,....(tiny hand etc).....but I don't intend on adding DeadPool to my BD collection

J

I hugely enjoyed DP, as did the first showing audience I saw it with. Last time I experienced such a great atmosphere watching a film was l watching "A Fish Called Wanda" up in Clifton, Bristol where everyone had obviously had a glass or two (including us) before hand. It had a totally off beat sense of dark sense of humour to it that DP had and when both finished everybody left in a buzz of happy conversation. You could tell they were going to be hits.
Reynolds for me just nailed it. I hated him in Green Lantern but he was very good in Safe House. I just fear that the loss of Millar ,who might have held some of RR over the top comedy in check does not drive it too much further into parody. In comparison the rest of the years films so far I've rewatched it the most, followed by Civil War.

I hugely enjoyed DP, as did the first showing audience I saw it with. Last time I experienced such a great atmosphere watching a film was l watching "A Fish Called Wanda" up in Clifton, Bristol where everyone had obviously had a glass or two (including us) before hand. It had a totally off beat sense of dark sense of humour to it that DP had and when both finished everybody left in a buzz of happy conversation. You could tell they were going to be hits.
Reynolds for me just nailed it. I hated him in Green Lantern but he was very good in Safe House. I just fear that the loss of Millar ,who might have held some of RR over the top comedy in check does not drive it too much further into parody. In comparison the rest of the years films so far I've rewatched it the most, followed by Civil War.

I have stated I hate Reynolds as a actor. Every movie he does is the same role. When my girlfriend wanted to go see safe house I dreaded it because I hate his acting. I will say I was very impressed with him in that movie, and when I left I even told her I was amazed that he can actually act with out being a abnoxious sarcastic ***k. He did really good on that movie

i get the same feeling with the accountant. I can't stand Ben affleck either... But I have a feeling I'm going to be impressed with that film too

I think what gets me the most, is that in several interviews/things I have read about Miller, is that he loves this stuff, so much. He chokes up a few times when discussing certain things, so he is heavily emotionally invested in this stuff. He teared up on some scenes when he was filming DP. For something to get to the point that he had to depart the project is absolutely galling to me, as I can imagine how devastated he is that it has come to this. I don't imagine for a second that Reynolds feels good about it either, pretty crap for all involved really. But differing visions and all that eh.

if the writers walk, it's going to bomb. the budget of 58million for the movie, taking in over 780million is just WOW

keep the style of the film simple, makes sense, worked the first time. Miller wants to go all out and do a flick with a budget 3x that... i dunno.... why?

Deadpool 2: Director Tim Miller Talks Leaving the Sequel | Collider

" Addressing the fans, he assured them he always wanted to make the “same kind of movie” as the first,

“I just want to say one thing to the geek audience out there, because it’s important to me what the geeks and nerds of the world think because they are my brothers and sisters. I didn’t want to make some stylized movie that was 3 times the budget. If you read the internet — who cares, really? But for those of you who do, I wanted to make the same kind of movie that we made before because I think that’s the right movie to make for the character. So don’t believe what you read on the internet.”

Miller also cleared up another popular rumor — that he was determined to cast Friday Night Lights star Kyle Chandler as Deadpool’s grizzled frienemy Cable.

“I wanted to do the same thing [as the first movie]. Kyle Chandler was not going to be Cable. All this stuff that I read kind of kills me.”

Miller also fired back against the idea that the first movie was a tough shoot, likely in response to some of Reynolds’ recent comments about having a “very, very difficult” time making the movie and “vaguely scary fights in the post-production process”. In contrast, Miller calls it “the best experience of my life.”

“Even when some people go, “The movie was really hard to make.” The movie was a joy to make. I think you see it on screen. We all had such a good time. We had a few arguments in post, but nothing more than usual. The crew was so great, everybody was going to come back and we were going to have such a good time and the idea that it was a difficult movie…It wasn’t, it was a joy, and it was the best experience of my life.”

Fortunately for Deadpool fans, of which Miller is one, the sequel was quick to find a promising replacement at the helm — John Wick co-director David Leitch. And Miller has nothing but good will for the project and the studio, which is to be expected considering he’s already developing his next project with Fox; an adaptation of the best-selling cyber-thriller Influx. Looking forward, Miller said,

“I wish them nothing but good — I hope it’s great. I hope it’s a great movie. Because I love the character and I think it’s great, and I love all the actors and I want to see them successful again. I haven’t met David, but he’s a great guy from everything I’ve heard. I want nothing but the best for the character. And for Fox, too. They deserve to make more money. They need to make more money [laughs]. They were great. They were terrific.” "

Last edited by a moderator:
I have stated I hate Reynolds as a actor. Every movie he does is the same role. When my girlfriend wanted to go see safe house I dreaded it because I hate his acting. I will say I was very impressed with him in that movie, and when I left I even told her I was amazed that he can actually act with out being a abnoxious sarcastic ***k. He did really good on that movie

i get the same feeling with the accountant. I can't stand Ben Affleck either... But I have a feeling I'm going to be impressed with that film too

Interesting you should mention that, not that I don't disagree with you that Ryan plays pretty much the same "witty, overconfident wise cracker" in many of his movies there are a lot of actors that do the same. It's just that Ryan hasn't really made a blockbuster until Deadpool. Hopefully they don't end up recreating a sequel too similar to the first one. They do need a few more mutants but it's not necessary to include as many as X-men does.

P.S. Other actors that play the same character in every movie they're in:
Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Colin Ferrel, Will Ferrel, Jason Statham, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman
Honorable mentions: Nicolas Cage, Zac Effron, Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston

A bit difficult to find actors that can seamlessly fit into any character they played (Leonardo Di'caprio, Johnny Depp, Reese Witherspoon, Sandra Bullock, Heath Ledger, etc)
I'm a bit sad that DP2 won't come out till 2018, but when it does I'm definitely showing up in full costume (minus the weapons).

Sucks to read that TJ Miller's visual effects company wasn't compensated for the last movie, and looks like they won't be getting into the next one. You know it's interesting though, I met the artist (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqKCybg6vxY) Justin Harder at one of my cons last year and he wasn't even mentioned in his work. He also got to wear the DP suit when they filmed a commercial in Mexico . Hopefully David Leitch helps create another original movie and Ryan's influence doesn't flood the movie with too many jokes. Then again Deadpool in the comics never really stops talking anyways.

Favorite lines from Wolverine origins:
Logan: Do you ever shut up pal?
DP: Not when I'm awake.

:lol

Interesting you should mention that, not that I don't disagree with you that Ryan plays pretty much the same "witty, overconfident wise cracker" in many of his movies there are a lot of actors that do the same. It's just that Ryan hasn't really made a blockbuster until Deadpool. Hopefully they don't end up recreating a sequel too similar to the first one. They do need a few more mutants but it's not necessary to include as many as X-men does.

P.S. Other actors that play the same character in every movie they're in:
Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Colin Ferrel, Will Ferrel, Jason Statham, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman
Honorable mentions: Nicolas Cage, Zac Effron, Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston

A bit difficult to find actors that can seamlessly fit into any character they played (Leonardo Di'caprio, Johnny Depp, Reese Witherspoon, Sandra Bullock, Heath Ledger, etc)
I'm a bit sad that DP2 won't come out till 2018, but when it does I'm definitely showing up in full costume (minus the weapons).

one movie i did like him in was "waiting" for some reason he wasn't as bad as the rest? and when i say bad im not saying he's a poor actor, i just mean being overly obnoxious.

one movie i did like him in was "waiting" for some reason he wasn't as bad as the rest? and when i say bad im not saying he's a poor actor, i just mean being overly obnoxious.

Yeah he was a bit much in the movie "Waiting". You forgot Green Lantern, maybe by choice? Haha he was pretty terrible in that one. Not really his fault, but it didn't feel like he was good for that role.

Deadpool is to Ryan Reynolds, as Chris Evans is to Captain America, and let's not forget Robert Downey Jr. is to Iron Man.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back