New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

That's why I just ordered another Zvezda and said to heck with Revell, while they still fumble with their SW license.

On a side note, I think Zvezda just released another run or something as eBay has exploded with listings. The other day there were five or six, now there are 37!

Last edited:
Here's my cheap alternative to a Tamiya hobby drill for doing the FO - a tiny 12V DC motor with 600RPM reduction gearbox and a mini chuck on the end, for the sum total of 5 quid. I also bought a PWM speed controller in case it was still fast enough to melt the plastic, but it seems perfectly fine without.

Sample holes in the sprue tab.

The only small problem is the motor shaft is a fraction smaller than the chuck, so it's a bit of a sloppy fit. Need to shim it out with something.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/ants-nest/Kits/WIP/DSC_0479.jpg
what size drill bit are you using? that looks spot on!

Well, it took almost a week for the seller to drop my SD off at his post office. But, it looks like it is now ready to leave Russia as it was processed thru St. Petersburg yesterday.

Edit- Processed thru NY yesterday and should now be on its way!

Last edited:
I'll post pics tonight, but I just received my Tantive and Falcons from Age of Plastic on Shapeways. Great little ships. Sadly, the Falcon is no longer available, having fallen prey to the Mouse's Claws! I think I had the last order in before it was taken down. I ordered the two pack and Shapeways actually sent me three mini Falcons! The Tantive is awesome as the engines are drilled already for fiber optics!

Tiny, but lightable!

Attachments

• 0621171641.jpg
    0621171641.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 307
  • 0621171719.jpg
    0621171719.jpg
    997.4 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
:lol

Happy Zvezda to me! Picked up the Revell version at Colonial Photo and Hobby for $116.99 (plus tax). Tom Servo approves.

RevellBox.png

The box is huge, like the Zvezda version.

Last edited:
Looks like they are showing up in stores now.
At least at some of the Hobby Town Stores here in the Denver Colorado area.
The price was $129
I was told they just put them out on the Shelves today.
The down side is I only saw one each at two different stores.

Good to know that Revell isn't price gouging it. My Zvezda arrived yesterday. Paid $123 shipped on Amazon.

Attachments

• 0624171244.jpg
    0624171244.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
Very very nice! Looks like the bay is pre-drilled and set up for fiber. Designed to cover the cut marks from removal of the old bay. Well done.

Very nice hanger and Tantive. After seeing bigger pics on my computer of the Tantive versus my phone, I think I need that as well!

I've ordered a revell kit from a hobby shop here in the states. I'm very skeptical about buying anything from Russia. My Uber account was hacked by Russians and taken for a joy ride around Moscow and I haven't wanted to do anything to attract the attention of scammers abroad. However, I am tempted to buy the Armata lighting kit for for the zvezda. No one has really discussed it at length. I'm not an electronic genius and I work full time so I only have a little time each day to work on models. My current model has taken me three years, because I tend to get stuck in the details. It's a EC-121 WV painted in US Navy Hurricane Hunters livery. Most of the three years has involved locating an ultra rare decal set.

So thoughts on the lighting kits sold online?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back