New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

Richard Baker

Sr Member
https://www.facebook.com/Zvezda.ModelKits/photos/pcb.798131456956327/798131340289672/?type=3
(sorry for the Facebook link- only one I can find)

60cm long and well detailed.
They announced this kit several months ago and then we heard nothing until now. It appears to be an ISDII (TESB) version. The only real good parts images are of the Bridge and it looks like they did an excellent job with this.

Bandai had better get busy- the options for a good sized ISD kit are getting better and better.

This is fairly exciting. That works out to about 23 inches, which is a descent size. December 2016 release is also promising.

Wow that looks great. But these pics look like computer renderings not actual parts, let's hope it's indicative of how the final kit will look.

Getting very excited for this one. Hopes are definately up! Is EBay the only place to get zvesda sci-fi kits?

Chris

Does anyone have knowledge about the general quality of their model kits? I have seen that line in hobby stores and online but always assumed that the quality of their kits wasn't the greatest

Does anyone have knowledge about the general quality of their model kits? I have seen that line in hobby stores and online but always assumed that the quality of their kits wasn't the greatest
Zvesda makes some pretty good models as of late. Their Flanker series are quite good.

Chris

The shot of the sprue is real. It even has flash on it. Molds are probably not production ready yet. The sprue attachment points are very Bandai like, very small!

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,334
The shot of the sprue is real. It even has flash on it. Molds are probably not production ready yet. The sprue attachment points are very Bandai like, very small!

Damn you're right, there's even a part removed. This really looks good.

That sure is going to be the definitive Star Destroyer

Now the question is how much is it going to be?

If 150 or under it is doable. More than that and I'll be stuck with the Revell :facepalm

I recently built a 747-8 that they offer and the quality was very good. The fit was damn near perfect and the level of detail was very nice. I have a 2nd one still in it's box for a future build. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up this star destroyer when it's available.

**edit

This thing looks awesome... Some fiber optics in this would kick it up and some scratch building and addition of details would just knock it out of the park. Can't wait!!

This is good news. I have some of the newer Zvezda releases (1/72 Su-27SM, 1/35 Panther D) and they are really good, molding is great and they have a lot of detail. Also accuracy-wise they are great. I'm really hoping the SD will be to the same standard!

PS: Wow, the new pictures make me smile!

I think i've built at least one of their kits and it was surprisingly nice for the price even though it was a very simple tank.

Those new pics look so sweet. It's good to see the hull will be multiple parts. Just wondering if it will be 4 hull parts or 6.

Given that the last commercially available Star Destroyer was the MPC kit this one is a definite winner and it's good to see this ship is now getting the attention it's due. Not only is there this kit but Revell will be releasing their kit soon and hopefully Bandai will be releasing theirs soon as well.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back