New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

...Yeah...I just figured that out when I thought about the size of the Falcon...

...bad maths...

:cry :lol

- - - Updated - - -

...Still...hopefully someone will release that 6 metre long Star Destroyer I'm waiting for!! :lol

This kit looks really good. I wonder if they will open up the area on the rear of the command spine were they dump their space garbage out. I see the correct shape present, but it's not opened up. Either way, the kits looks amazing!

This kit looks really good. I wonder if they will open up the area on the rear of the command spine were they dump their space garbage out. I see the correct shape present, but it's not opened up. Either way, the kits looks amazing!
Hey- they have to give us something to do so we can feel we are making it better...

I really want to see more of this thing assembled before I jump for joy, and the detail looks a little simplified, with raised panel lines....but that said, as long as the overall proportions are decent, I'm in at almost any price. I have NO idea where to order their kits though :confused

14568197_987893594656054_3581622300107752294_n.jpg

14666243_987893597989387_4242324420872899758_n.jpg

14859823_987893601322720_1218723072383653716_o.jpg

finally not as amazing as that Bandai destroyer but it shall be decent from zvezda

I'm no Star Destroyer expert so perhaps I'm more forgiving than others, so I think this looks fabulous! I'm not holding my breath for a Bandai kit.
Plus, even real ships withinn the same class can look very different from one another due to different upgrades, refits, or just lessons learned from earlier ships of the class. Example would be Nimitz class carriers. Unless you were specifically wanting to make the Devestator or Avenger, for me differences in details won't bother me when it comes to all the greeblie details of SD's. ;)

Chris

Last edited:
I agree. However it would have been nice for the hull seams to match the Studio Scale model. I'm getting two...and "if" Bandai releases a big SD, I will most likely pick up two of those as well. It's like X-Wings. I have the MPC, Finemolds (both scales) and the Bandai ( 1/72 & 1/48). You can't have too many X-wings, TIEs or Star Destroyers. :lol

TazMan2000

Well this just keeps getting better and better! Small details be damned, we got ourselves a real nice two foot plastic Star Destroyer!

I feel like those panel lines may be slightly too thick, but maybe not. Hard to tell from the photos.

Last edited:
Holy. Crap. On a. Stick. This just became "must have at virtually any price". I NEEEEEEED this kit. Zvezda USA doesn't have a listing for it, and as far as I can tell, nobody has said how and where this will be available. Price aside for the moment, that's my bigger concern at the moment - WILL I be able to get my hands on one?

Holy. Crap. On a. Stick. This just became "must have at virtually any price". I NEEEEEEED this kit. Zvezda USA doesn't have a listing for it, and as far as I can tell, nobody has said how and where this will be available. Price aside for the moment, that's my bigger concern at the moment - WILL I be able to get my hands on one?

Worse comes to worse...eBay. However, it has only been talked about being released recently. Give it at least a month before starting to worry.

The initial news about this was on Zvezda's Facebook page. To me that looks like a US site. On Zvezda's US site, www.zvezda-usa.com and Russian site, http://www.zvezda.org.ru/en/ have no mention of Star Wars either.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back