Terminator 2 T1000 police car build

20170304_004506.jpghere is an old photo if me in one of my uniforms,
Nice work on the patrol car, love the older cars

I have a reasonable sized collection, used to have LAPD swat, Miami Dade county and las Vegas nevada.
I also used to import police equipment for my collection.
I think I have about four LAPD badges that are worth about $2k each due to company no longer making them, they are considered seconds which are lapd approved to wear for duty instead of the original issued badge, so I have been told.
That badge in the picture was about $150.USD at the height of my collecting.
The last time I was in Los Angeles was back in 2002 and for my last day I went for a ride along with the LAPD, it was a great experience.

Awesome!!!

- - - Updated - - -

ha ha thanks very much....it actually looks even better in person.

- - - Updated - - -

wow where can I get me one of these???

This is awesome, when I saw the thread I was thinking I wonder what kit would be the start point.
Little did I know it's a 1:1 replica.

It combines two of my favourite things car restorations and modelling, with a dose of one of my other favourite things police hardware.

Good luck sourcing all the parts, I know how hard it can be, my bike is an ex police bike, all the police hardware was removed before I bought it. Trying to find the correct bits to put it back is very hard, it's only a few years older than your car.

Sorr no pictures, it's in various packing boxes at the moment post house move and no workshop built to house it in yet.
It's only an area beat bike, small capacity, they have one of its sister bikes at the police museum in the Chatham historic dockyard.

Mine ironically was from the local police station where I used to live, and one of the bike cops who used it attended my friends house when his neighbour reported us for shooting things in his garden. He made our it was a shotgun, in reality it was a spud gun.

Hi everyone. Wow, I didn't realise that its been a year since starting this project. Well here's some updated photos on how the car has been coming along

A (5).jpg

This is how she looked, the very day I bought her. She had been stored in a shed for 13 years!

A (286).jpg

Starting to look just like the real thing!

Attachments

• A (289).png
    A (289).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Hi Breen2057,

Absolutely I am. The car will be accurate to the last detail compared to the LAPD car in Terminator 2. Although the car in the film did not have a lot of screen time, black and white LAPD cars have been up on movie screens for as far I can recall, and I have always been fascinated with them. My "T1000 cop car" will have the same computer that he used to look up John Connor. The 30 year old computer was harder to find than the actual car.....but I got one! It will even play the screen shot of the "search John Connor" inquiry over and over.

Watch this space :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back