Blood Bowl Orc Player

There are plenty uk people here ...some even from warrington itself .
Your build is looking fantastic, well done . It would be great to see it at mcm next month .

UK too lol hope you get it finished for the con at end of july
ah nice! We get everywhere.
Well on it again today, just a sneak peak

IMG_8158.JPG

UK too lol hope you get it finished for the con at end of july

Much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_8158.JPG
    IMG_8158.JPG
    507.4 KB · Views: 59
IMG_8277.JPG
For avoidance of doubt, due to personal circumstances, I won't be at MCM Manchester this weekend.
As a result, I took foot off gas, and slowed right down. Until I get a proper chance of a update, started to paint on the numbers.

Too often a thread ends here, and no sign of the finished article. After a enforced house Autumn 2017, a visit to Chernobyl/ Pripryat, music stuff and life, have finally got house in order and Stephen is finally getting a look in. Partner is considering offer for us to go to the Birmingham Comic Con but think I just need to get this done after almost a year off.
Starting to make a PVC mannequin! Haven't a clue what I'm doing and probably change the back two into a three way with the intention of making it possible to be able to bring the front legs off the ground to make it easier to position the outfit. Hopefully more updates Saturday and can get everything out to see where I am..
IMG_2150.jpgIMG_2153.jpg

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 54
Just a screen dump really. The PVC frame ended up terribly. Weight of the body twisted everything and fell to pieces. Anyway, all the pieces so far. All had a light coat/ heavy drybrush of Rose Madder, really brought the red right out.

Attachments

• IMG_2254.jpg
    IMG_2254.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2247.jpg
    IMG_2247.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2249.jpg
    IMG_2249.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2250.jpg
    IMG_2250.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 44
The Rose Madder was drying up pretty badly so the pigment was congealing so didn't flow very well, handy for blotches and drybrushing, perfect for Orc handy work.

Wasn't really concerned with the writing being covered on this layer as I'm not sure if I like it, may over do it with a far wider brush stroke, any suggestions?

Skull was done with dark brown, light brown, sand colour then white drybrush.
IMG_2251.jpgIMG_2252.jpgIMG_2253.jpg

As you can see the boots took quite the damage during the move but can be remedied with a little bit of work.
NOW, where are my spare boot spikes..

rn6pGa4.jpg
Another short dump post BUT I actually managed to get Stephen up long enough to take a photo. It just wont stop falling down (oh well)
So tabard was cut out of a red hessian sack material. After cutting out, I used contact adhesive to fold the edges over on the inside so the edges weren't frayed. Might still dye it a darker colour but for now I wanted to see the whole outfit together, for the first time!

PbrugLn.jpgEUKE90v.jpg6QjS68X.jpg

Couldnt affix the hands and still have the trousers to make but can certainly see what needs to be looked at (after a less than transparent make up powder went on the skin it's damaged it a little and could do with a bit of a touch up.

The bear will be chopped by a third and reapplied through the front of the mask to build it up more.

I could really do with a twin so the outfit can be worn and whilst I get things in place (shoulder pads for example could be placed better with a bit of flex in the positioning.
Considering how long it's taken to get here and what I've been through, happy to get this far.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back