My mostly Back to the Future prop collection | Updated 11.14.21

Re: My mostly Back to the Future prop collection | Updated 7.1.17

Of course I'm running out of room, so I had an acrylic shelf made to fit above the closet.
LRG_DSC00172.JPEG

The Sandlot 20th anniversary PF Flyers
LRG_DSC00173.JPEG

Batman Begins gauntlets by @coofunkcurly
LRG_DSC00174.JPEG

Blade Runner PKD blaster squirt gun painted by Van Lieu
LRG_DSC00175.JPEG

Vintage Wayne's World hat
LRG_DSC00176.JPEG

The Fifth Element ZF-1 remote painted by me
LRG_DSC00177.JPEG

LRG_DSC00178.JPEG

Re: My mostly Back to the Future prop collection | Updated 10.28.17

I'm not sure if I've said it before, but you do a fantastic job of mixing props from different movies together without having it look cluttered. I've tried to do that but I can't ever get it to where I like it (which usually just means I end up having to buy more props from one movie so I can fill a whole shelf, haha). Beautifully displayed collection.

Re: My mostly Back to the Future prop collection | Updated 10.28.17

I'm not sure if I've said it before, but you do a fantastic job of mixing props from different movies together without having it look cluttered. I've tried to do that but I can't ever get it to where I like it (which usually just means I end up having to buy more props from one movie so I can fill a whole shelf, haha). Beautifully displayed collection.

Thanks dude. It helps to have a little bit of OCD, and the acrylic display stands are a huge help too. You can get em in 10 packs for not much and they go a long way.

Re: My mostly Back to the Future prop collection | Updated 12.31.17

Wow. ... I would say i'm uber jealous of your collection but then i'd be a suspect when it all goes missing......

I Mean......wow... I'm uber jealous of your collection...

MattgomeryBurns, link us to where we can get ahold of Van Lieu !

For sure! He's not a member here, although I think he pops in every now and then. I had originally discovered him through instagram, so that's where I first contacted him. It's: https://www.instagram.com/van.lieu_/ His email is also listed there.

He's currently doing the assembly and finishing for my Rylo JP goggles and a ZF-1 kit, plus few others that he's modeling and finishing. Be on the lookout for a few more things done by him in the coming months.

Last edited:

A few more acquisitions that warrant an update.

First up, a screen used pin girl costume from The Big Lebowski. It's one of my top 5 films of all time, so I couldn't pass up this opportunity to get something that's instantly recognizable. This is downstairs - I try to keep all of my props up in the loft, but I feel like it deserves its own display place.

IMG_2226.jpg

And after years of trying to find an exact replica of the Folgers can (a modestly priced receptacle), one finally popped up on eBay. I need to find a blue lid. Next to it is a replica pad of Jackie Treehorn's stationary I found on Etsy. The cool thing about it is the stick figure is embossed on each page and when you go over it in pencil it shows up just like in the movie.
IMG_2225.jpg

Back up in the loft, I always struggle with trying to make sure it's not overcrowded, while quickly running out of space. And now that I've pretty much run out of wall space, I needed to find a solution. I found these display pedestals on Craigslist from a set deign company who used them once for a photoshoot. I broke my rule of 3's by not getting a third one, but there wasn't any room for an extra.
IMG_2229.jpg

Here's a closer look. I tried a few different items to see how they looked on top. The tough part was that everything looked great, especially the MAGs, but I settled on the silver items because they went so well with the pedestals.
IMG_2227.jpg

Last edited:

Next to the pedestals is a temporary display for my Pitbull. Right now it's just sitting on a small acrylic case, but it will eventually get its own acrylic stand about the height of the BTTF logo.

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

Having the pedestals has allowed me to shuffle some things around and make room for my new items, like this face cast of Jim Carrey with a supposed cast of a screen used Riddler mask.

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

Last edited:

Up top I've got an elite TMNT Michelangelo head from The Prop Shop.

IMG_2259.jpg

Further down is @Sarednab's revolver from Who Framed Roger Rabbit

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

Next to the shelf I hung an airsoft Aliens Pulse Rifle. I'm always on the fence about hanging individual items on the wall because they have a habit of looking too busy once you have a few up. But I found this simple cantilevered gun rack that stays hidden, so it looks clean.

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

And on the other side of the shelf I have a Terminator 2 airsoft M79 grenade launcher and grenade sling. I was going to hang this above the pulse rifle with another cantilevered gun rack, but it started to look busy, so I'm going to think about it. For now it'll rest against the wall. I have some grenade shells getting painted, so by the time they're finished I'm hoping I've made my mind up.

IMG_2240.jpg

And speaking of T2, I found a good way to display my shotgun made from the screen used molds - in a doll stand! The gun super lightweight, so it sits perfectly without tipping over.

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

Last edited:

Lastly, my Kill Bill Bride shoes. I sat on this project for awhile but they're finally done. Shoutout to @Jedifyfe for putting his one spare Frank Ippolito set up for sale. I spent more than I wanted to on the Onitsuka Tigers, but they're Uma's size and they fit the soles perfectly.

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back