Skyrim Glass Armor [UPGRADING]

Re: Skyrim Glass Armor [COMPLETE]

I'm really sorry for the late answer :/
This is FANTASTIC! Great work! :thumbsup
Thank you ^^

Great work on this, and super fast too!
I guess I had the motivation :p Who needs sleep anyway ?

This is very nice. All those little lines you just made up are very cool
Thank you !

amour looks amazing, nice photos too
I couldn't thank the photographers at the convention enough for those pics ! I hope I'll be able to do a proper photoshoot in the wilds someday.

Inspirational - your details are amazing
Thank you !!

This is lovely! May I ask what your process was for painting the green?
Thank you ! Here is a beautiful...screenshot of my Instagram (someone asked the same thing).
skyrim.png
The acrylics are all from Pebeo, here are the references:
Gold: N°350
Green-Blue: N°358
Blue-Green:N°357
Green-Yellow:N°359
In fact, I just did this randomly the first time with colors I had at home and thought it wasn't that bad, so I kept the same process for the rest...

stunning and so clean for foam!
Thank you ! And in fact, and it's not that clean :p I've tried working with thermoplastics before, but I didn't really liked it.
Wow! Amazing!
I've been playing Skyrim for a couple of years now, and wow... you nailed that. Awesome job
Thank you very much !

Okay. Somebody please bring back my jaw! Excellent work and details!
Thanks a lot !

Great work. The paint job really brings it to life.
Thank you ^^!

This is probably the best suit of armor I've seen outside of a major movie! Usually armor just doesn't fit quite right and the weathering looks almost nonexistent, but this is incredible, well done! :thumbsup

You have probably tried this already and it might not even work, but have you ever tried a sealing epoxy instead of wood glue to give it a smooth finish? It would require several coats to give a smooth finish due to how much it soaks in, but I think it might fill the details less than wood glue. You are clearly much better than me at making, but I thought I'd share in the hopes that it makes things easier and better for you if you haven't tried this already.

Thank you ! In fact, I'm a bit new to this (I made my first armor in February 2016), so I have yet to try new things. I use wood glue only because it's cheap and I have a bunch at home, so I've never tried sealing epoxy (I don't even know what it's called in my language o0). Thank you very much for the tip, I'll be sure to gather information about this (Google is my best friend).

Oh, and...this is what happens when you mod your game.
Picture by: https://www.facebook.com/KaeruPictures/ (each time we run into each other at a con, we end up taking stupid photos, I love this guy)
DSC_2920.jpg

Re: Skyrim Glass Armor

PS: I started to build a 40K (well, more like 30K since I'm going for a pre-heresy one) Space Marine, should I start a thread about it ?

nah, dont start that thread. that sounds boring and totaly not cool. :D

erm, when will you start the new thread? :p

ps, started already? :)

Re: Skyrim Glass Armor [COMPLETE]

I apologize, I didn't give enough information. The epoxy I use is specifically called Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer or CPES, the brand I use is a 2 part solution (mix equal parts).

Last edited:
Re: Skyrim Glass Armor

Thank you ! Now I want to carve everything...

Thank you ! Yeah, I'm always impressed by what some people can do with foam, and I hope I'll be able to reach their level one day.

I was really motivated for some reason. Thank you !

Thank you so much !

I even use this word in my native language (which isn't English...)

You, sir, just made my day.

Thank you ! Which chapter ? As for me, I'm gonna be a Night Lord.

This armor looks amazing arborealkey! I love the paint job and carving that you did on this armor. You just motivated me to start my space marine scratch build, although it's not a replica. :)
IMG_1594.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back