Westworld Costume Thread

rufiodies

Post your info/questions on Westworld costumes here!

I saw on Reddit some people were looking for info on this character, or that character, so I figured I'd make a thread and see if anyone else was interested?

First off.

Hector Escaton

63275120160820091345.jpg WW_arch_outlaw.jpg

These are the only two photos I could find.

Looking for info mainly on his jacket?

Is there anything like this irl that isn't insanely customized?

thx - you beat me to it; hopefully get some help here on the jacket AND the hat! :confused

Last edited:
Steampunk/civil war era clothing reproductions seem to be the ticket.

Can't find anything with those fancy folds, or with buttons on only one side, but there are a few that aren't too far off, at least as far as halloween is concerned.

black-double-breasted-military-jackets.jpg

http://www.hikoreanfashion.com/en/m...4-black-double-breasted-military-jackets.html

That's the best thing so far imo

7c9ac266cf37fbb3a324d067457aaa1b.jpg

This off pintrest is pretty close, but can't find anyone that sells it, and its not leather, plus its too long

You guys are going to think I'm crazy, but I'm nearly positive that Hector's jacket is a motorcycle jacket.

I had one like this pop pop up on a site a while back when I was looking for some new gear, and thought it was unbelievably awesome. They didn't offer it in my size, though, so I didn't buy it. I've been looking for the last few hours at the sites I frequent to see if I could find it again but I've had no luck.

Any love for Dolores on here yet?

Do we think that square belt buckle is a found item or custom made?

160730-westworld-news.jpg

Last edited:
I've watched the first few episodes of this show and have fallen in love with it. I immediately started thinking about cosplay...plenty of western and steam punk providers out there, shouldn't be too hard to throw something together!

I'm making a Dolores costume and am having trouble finding the exact fabric I needed for it. It seems to be a swiss dotted chambray but I can't seem to find one with the right color to match it. Anyone had any luck?

I love her dress. It's a wonderful blend of historically accurate patterning, modern aesthetics, and great fitting through the two. The belt may hide a fish dart even? ither that or that outside bust dart is shallow and short and so mainly decorative.

Either way the sleeve cut and shape are bang on and it helps give great freedom of movement of the arm. The extra room at the elbow, the angle of the sleeve being cut (on the straight at the upper so the lower is very very much off the grain) and especially how very front is cut so far into the body (it is not on the shoulder as most modern patterns do. The piping is also functional which is lovely to see- it stabilises the tension all the way around the armscye which makes the sleeve able to hinge more and not pull on the body.

I fell in love with this gown as soon as I saw it and it has everything to do with how very cleverly made it is :)

And yes, that double weave chambray looks good- I do suspect it was custom tinted as the dots are a solid pale blue and the ground appears to be slightly uneven mix of pale and dark blue, but that can be due to the darker reverse threads showing through more. The fabric definitely looks like it has been washed by hand with a scrubber and wringer, and I think that a gauzy fabric could do that (the fibres are loosely twisted so can pill and move about with agitation.)

https://archive.org/details/baynesselfinstru00bayn
This is just one of many cutting books from the time that the park is kind of set in, and you can see how the sleeves are cut.
https://archive.org/details/clutesactualmeas00clut
Another nice one.
But you can probably see the modern adjustments with the straight front seam and squarer shoulders.

The belt appears to be this basic 1.5 inch belt blank from Tandy, or at least really close:
https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/embossed-floral-vine-belt-blank-1-1-2-38-mm

BINGO!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm making a Dolores costume and am having trouble finding the exact fabric I needed for it. It seems to be a swiss dotted chambray but I can't seem to find one with the right color to match it. Anyone had any luck?

It's also known as "clip dot," to help your Googling.
I think it's gonna have to be a hand-dye job, I'm afraid.

Anyone know anything about what kinda of jacket this is? I've seen another one in a show in the late 1800's and I think I remember Sherlock Holmes wearing something with a texture like this as well.

big.jpg

Anyone know anything about what kinda of jacket this is? I've seen another one in a show in the late 1800's and I think I remember Sherlock Holmes wearing something with a texture like this as well.
Looks like corduroy fabric. Houndstooth fabric also looks as textured.

Abbey England is great. So many productions use their hardware. Lot's of stuff in Game of Thrones and I just spotted some in Black Sails too.

Great find on that buckle! I wonder if they ever do a 38 mm version of it? Actually I just noticed they do the nickel plated version in 38 mm. Wonder if you could just remove the plating since it's a brass buckle beneath?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back