Westworld Costume Thread

Thanks for posting. I just ordered. Did you pick up a LeMat yet?

Yep. Denix replica. Need to add the ring at the bottom of the handle and add to the trigger guard. The one they used is a I think a Uberti
Lemat black powder that was converted to accept blank cartridges.

- - - Updated - - -

On the man in Black's knife they added string or leather around the hilt and the handle meet and where the pommel and the wood meet.

I think she is pretty much done:

20161219_222148.jpg

I might do a couple more mods on it, but I'm happy with how it's turned out so far.

Hello! I just joined up here because I am trying to get my office into a Westworld costume group for next halloween, and this has been the most helpful site I have seen so far. It is actually very hard to find materials for this, since (as stated in this thread) many of the pieces are actual vintage pieces or custom printed replicas of vintage pieces.

In case it helps anyone else, here is what I have found so far. :)

Fabric for Dolores, Maeve, and Clementine:
The Robert Kaufman Double Gauze Chambray found already is probably the closest to Dolores I have seen, but so far I have found nothing close to Maeve or Clementine, even dye-able. I have turned to Spoonflower & Wovns to see if I can make anything similar myself. So far I think I may be able to reach something workable for Maeve and Dolores fabric on Spoonflower, but the colors were off in my sample swatches, so I have adjusted my prints and am ordering more.
Here is a picture of my first round of swatches from Spoonflower. In order L-R, Blue/Gray with stitching on linen, Blue/gray with fake texture on cotton, Red/Violet on Satin, Red/Violet on Cotton, Textured Cyan Lattice on Cotton, un-textured cyan lattice on linen.
lnx.jpg

I ordered a basic cyan & black lattice weave for Clementine from Wovns, but it has only just shipped after a month of production time. Cost was pretty steep, and I am not yet certain that the colors/textures will come out exactly as I hope. If it isn’t perfect in color but is textured properly I may just dye it.
Jewelry for Maeve and Clementine
I found a site that mentioned Ane Crabtree used vintage Joseff of Hollywood jewelry for these characters. Obviously finding the exact same pieces is therefore impossible, but I did find three things:
1. High-res source images exist because folks have tried to sell these online:
There are some pretty high-res images of the original pieces online, from which I may be able to mold and cold-cast something myself.
Maeve Necklace and bolero brooch (exact):
53fd216925f0ec955c6fff168efdd2d6.jpg
2820bd40860874993602c573a0869897.jpg

2. Joseff re-used components in different pieces:
You can also find the exact filigree components in different pieces online (for plenty of $) set at different orientations in different types of jewelry. So it is possible to re-create the exact pieces if you feel like molding/casting or (goodness forbid) re-tooling a very expensive piece of famous vintage jewelry. (please don’t! lol)
Maeve and Clementine earring components in different jewelry:
27bc88be01f0fe6807b18934a9445178.jpg
joseff35819b.jpg

3. Etsy has some components that are similar to Maeve’s earrings, if you want to go the REALLY low-budget route. :D
I made this from about $5 in parts off Etsy. Quality is as expected, but anyone not up in your face probably wouldn’t notice.
cheapearrings.jpg

That’s all I have so far. Hope it helps someone else.

Thank you! :)

Adding a photo of the Clementine fabric from Wovns. I would definitely not say it is perfect, but it is close enough for an office costume group.

wovns.jpg

Subscribing in here to come back later and relate my misadventures in going for this little lady.
Any initial thoughts welcome, ofc. I'm mostly trying to spend my time right now finishing up for Star Wars first.

westworld-episode-8-Armistice.jpg

Well, based on the description on their Westworld page, the hat was rabbit. But they told me "Hello Benjamin Snider, the fuzzier version is wool. The original hats are made in rabbit and beaver" so :confused.

Either way, the finish would be similar for Rabbit or beaver, it would depend on your price point and durability preference. Rabbit is a fine material. I own an Indy hat in rabbit and that thing is beautiful and durable. Beaver is just a bit tougher, though most furs will last you a lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the tablets they all carry. The way they fold is interesting.

This is an animated GIF, click on it
tumblr_oh20kqgSZC1qjsc4fo1_500.gif
How do you suppose the mechanics of the hinge work?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back