Actual film used Erlewine Chiquita guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff

I thought you guys might like these photos:

Michael J Fox was reunited with the actual film used yellow Erlewine Chiquita guitar in April. He signed it and is in the collection of a major guitar collector. Witnessed by PSA DNA employee and certified. This is the guitar his stand-in was holding when he was blown across the room at Doc's laboratory at the beginning of the film. Not the close up shots, but the action sequence one set up to sustain damage. They also needed the other one to stay nice for publicity stills.

mjf-signing.jpg

mjf-signing.jpg

chiquitapic.jpg

chiquitapic-altered.jpg

Last edited:
I thought you guys might like these photos:

We might, but we can't see them in your post. It seems their server doesn't allow embedding pictures into other sites. Here they are, uploaded to the forum. Thanks for sharing. :)

mjf-signing.jpg

chiquitapic.jpg

I've just checked it in the movie. I know they use several copies of the same prop in movies, but it seems that the one on your pictures is not the same guitar that we can see in close-ups in BTTF. Maybe it's one of the back-up props?

... This is the guitar he was holding when he was blown across the room at Doc's laboratory at the beginning of the film.

So they apparently used two different guitars in the stunt scene and the close-up.

attachment.php

Attachments

• chiquita.jpg
    chiquita.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 3,527
Last edited:
Is it possible the guitar has been restored in the meantime? The fretboard could have been refretted, and they could have repainted the body and remounted the bridge? Just a thought, maybe it is just a different guitar, because obviously the differences are clear.

I am always the one questioning authenticity, lol.
I know the post states the signature is "Witnessed by PSA DNA employee and certified", but what kind of authenticity or providence is attached to the guitar itself? These guitars were mass produced and are out there to be purchased. Not saying that it wasn't used in filming, but... just stating it and then getting it signed doesn't make it much more than just a cool story.

I would love to hear more about the history of the piece, the list of ownership and ties to production.

Ok... now I need to ask.
Two days ago the original poster came back and edited his first post with a new bottom photo. Roland I would love to get your take on this as well as use your expert eye for judging the alter photo to see if you find evidence of manipulation.

It appears to be the same photo that Roland pointed out some spacing discrepancies in the knob placement and last fret. However, this new photo seems to have those things "fixed" now. You can see the original photo he uploaded in post #2 & #3 where Roland attached them.
Is it me or is that strange that he would alter his photo to more match the screen used guitar? As I stated before, getting a signature is awesome but claiming production used without lineage is questionable. Then to alter photos is even more suspicious.

Last edited by a moderator:
attachment.jpg

He actually altered his original pic. That makes me laugh! :lol If it's actually a screen used guitar (with COA etc.) and used in the stunt scene, there's no need of altering pictures.

By the way: there's still a difference that I didn't mention before. Look at the red line. :p

attachment.jpg

chiquitapic.jpg

chiquita2.jpg

I believe the only COA is for the signature.
I am calling BS on the other claim. I suspect he signed up here to show it off and had hopes to be contacted in a private message to make a sale. Passing something off as production with no proof is pretty much fraud. Unless he has ironclad providence, especially now...after editing the photo... I wouldn't touch that thing in a purchase.
Sadly he doesn't realize that when you edit your post, it states it was edited, plus you quoted his original photos and he can't change those, lol.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=672937&d=1476554263

He actually altered his original pic. That makes me laugh! :lol If it's actually a screen used guitar (with COA etc.) and used in the stunt scene, there's no need of altering pictures.

By the way: there's still a difference that I didn't mention before. Look at the red line. :p

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=672941&d=1476554792

He will undoubtedly edit his photo again with your new changes, and thanks to your good critique, he will probably use the altered photos to scam someone else on another site.

a fret was added. The bridge has screws to adjust intonation, you wouldn't move the bridge. Sorry, I hafta call shenanigans

Also, the strap bolt is incorrectly placed. It is higher on the movie shot.

Well... he came back and deleted any photos he posted, obviously to erase any evidence. I suspect he won;t be back, but we will see that thing pop up somewhere else and it will be for sale "As a production stunt piece".

He's banned now. And the pictures (altered and not altered version) in his post have been embedded directly to the forum. I guess this has been done by a mod.

He's banned now. And the pictures (altered and not altered version) in his post have been embedded directly to the forum. I guess this has been done by a mod.

Yes... I notified Mods earlier about banning and requested that we keep this thread and all photos intact so that if this pops up again for sale, and people do some research before spending money, hopefully this thread can be used as reference and a warning to the item.

Wow. Thats why I love this site. Changing the autograph picture does not make any sense. LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back